first time grower...need help with light

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kreepz187, Apr 18, 2011.

1. So Ive been reading alot about indoor growing. I got most of it down but having a hard time figuring out how much light I need. Right now I have 10x27w/5000k/1750 lumens cfl bulbs and 1x40watt/2700k/2720 lumens cfl. My closet is 5ftx2ft but I want to move everything to another closet that has an a/c vent in it so it stays cooler. The close I want to switch to is 6ftx6ft. Do I have sufficient light or should I get more? Here is a pic of how my closet is now. I accidentaly busted a couple of the bulbs so there are only 7 bulbs in right now plus a flourescent tube i found laying around.

Attached Files:

2. You can't go too far wrong by reading Kamels CFL Guide in the Absolute Beginners section. It's a sticky so you can take it that the info is good!

3. Depends on the amount of plants you have. Ive been told 100 watts per plant is best, Make sure you use day time for veg (5500k) and soft white for flowering (2200k). I like to stick to that but you can mix and match for a wider spectrum. Do you have a thermometer? CFLs put off very low heat so you can put them within 1 - 2" of the plant and they wont heat up your room to much. 75 - 85 is perfect temp

Also I recommend making the lights hang so that the power cord is straight for better light.

4. All depends on the amount you wanna yield that you would be happy with. If you have the funds, I would throw a 400watt MH in there. Wont get as hot as hps and if you do it right, u may come out with a qp-hp IMO. Again if you do it right.

5. All depends on the amount you wanna yield that you would be happy with. If you have the funds, I would throw a 400watt MH in there. Wont get as hot as hps and if you do it right, u may come out with a qp-hp. Again if you do it right.