First time grower need help with clones

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by socalstoner88, May 13, 2011.

1. Okay this is my first grow. I bought some clones. A Blue Dream, Mazar, and Green Crack clone. They came in rockwool cubes. I watched a Jorge Cervantes grow dvd once and he said for beginners it's best to use a soilless mix. I just bought them yesterday so I'm trying to figure out how to feed them. Should I already go head and buy vegetative nutrients and start feeding them? I read you're only supposed to use about half of recommended dosing with the nutrients and you have to check the EC before watering. I'm trying to make this as easy as possible for me for a first grow. Maybe I should plant them in a soil that feeds them for 3 months then transplant just to make things easier for a first grow? What are your suggestions? Thanks.

2. If they are heavily rooted, transplant them into 1-3 gallon pot and give half strength feeds. Gradually increase the ppm of your feeds every feed following until its full strength. I go with non amended mediums and give them nute feeds. That way you wont have to wait to see deficiencies before you know its time to start feeding it nutes.