First Time Grower My Setup

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chaunceyman, Sep 22, 2014.

1. #1 chaunceyman, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2014
    So, this is my first grow indoors. Plants are about 13 inches, at 2 month old. I am about to switch them into flower Wednesday. I have 24 6500k 23 watt bulbs. Mtn 4 inch exhaust, fan, and I'm using Dyna grow for food. Seems to work great. Before I flower I'm going to switch half of the CFLs to 2700k soft bulbs. Anyone have any good flowering tips?

Attached Files:

2. Well the only reason why I wanted the flower next Wednesday because I have a height issue. I know during the flowering stage that some strains can triple in size I was worried about having enough room for them to grow so I might give it another week and see what happens nice grow journal by the way bro it looks good I was just wondering also have you topped your plants in your pictures it doesn't look like they've been topped I was just curious top three of mine and left one to do its natural thing just cuz I was curious to see how it'll turn out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I might give them another week or so I know during the flowering stage some strains can triple in size so I kinda have a height issue . Nice grow journal by the way bro looks good mine also suffers from severe heat stress there about 6 inches tall and they folded over and the tops were touching the ground but they made a great comeback and I haven't had an issue with them since. I had a question about yours though have you talked to your plants at all I have topped all three and left

4. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]

5. [quote name="chaunceyman" post="20649985" timestamp="1411359460"].

6. Damn it! stupid ass tablet!!!!! Pissing me off!!!!

7. lol I love cfl monster ghetto setups, my advice on flower get a small HPS if your having heat issues or a big one if your not. Use all your cfls for supplement light around the sides and corners of your box. I added a single 150 or 200 watt HPS i dont remember now how big it is lol to my flower last time and it made a huge difference.

8. i actually just started topping one yesterday. It's my first grow so I am also experimenting. Gonna let the other one just do its thing.

My grow journal http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1323166-another-noob-his-first-grow.html

9. Keep posting pics! I will also. Still think I'm going to flower start this Wednesday. They have put on rite at 3 inches in 3 days. I'm only working with 5' 6" to the top of my lights. Sux, but it's something. I have also clipped a lot off of them. I clip every week it seems. I know a lot of peeps say not to, but it has done wonders for new branch growth. More so then my out door grow. " experiment ". Never clipped the outdoor one's.

10. Haha it is kinda ghetto huh

11. Train your plants before you flower!
    Add some Low Stress training to increase the bud sites on your plants and make the canopy fill up nicely.

Bend some branches down so the underlying shoots can get more light.

You can also supercrop them aswell (High stress training).

Looking good! You are using big enough containers and proper soil, I can tell. 

Only, next time, use some T5 lights, they are plug n play and will allow your plants to grow faster ;) 

Cheers and good luck!

12. @[member="hgcacademy"] thanks for the input bro. I will post some more pics tonight. I have started tieing them down with basic pipe cleaners. seem to work great for letting more light on things.

13. A few new pics.

Attached Files:

14. And my fish! Lol

Attached Files:

15. Is that a
    Mirror?

16. Nah mayne! Jus foil. Lol

17. #18 cannabisdill23, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
    red tiger oscar great fish I've owned a few my self. Nice grow btw.

Real eyes. Realize. Real lies.

18. #19 noizviolation, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
    If you want the least stretch possible when starting flower, don't change any of your cfls until about the 2nd week. The veg colour will reduce the amount of stretching compared to the flowering colour. IMO, switch to flower, the 1st week they really aren't considered flowering as they are still learning what you did to them. By the end of the 2nd week, or partially into 3rd you will notice lack of stretch and is a good time to swap half your bulbs to flowering colour.

Best of luck!

Love the oscar, watch for hole in the head =( makes a fish owner sad as hell if it goes too far.

19. Yeah indeed, what Noise said!

Plants react to things with delay. What you see today is the result of what you did a couple of days ago (even a week ago). 

;)

Keep at it, you're doing a good job!