First time grower/microgrower looking for help

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by laitoux, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Alright, first of all i've never grown before and I wanted to start. I have an old PC case which i'm in the process of converting, so far i've taken all of the components out, rewired two 12v fans to work with an old 12v Laptop charger and hollowed the case out by removing the brackets that hold the drives.

Either tomorrow or tuesday i'll go out and buy the lighting and someone reflective for the sides.

What I need help with is the lighting, what lights should I use? and with what wattage?

I also need to know if anyone knows where I can find a detailed guide to starting from the seed.

Thanks in advance guys!

2. I would use either 1 or 2 42w cfl bulbs if they fit, or if you have money to spend, use led lighting 50-100w ufo light

3. Thank you, I will keep that in mind :)

4. Hi,

I read on another forum you need 7-10k lumens per square foot.

here's a quote

5. Thank you, I appreciate it!

6. That there is probably the best advice you will find. That is as accurate as it gets

7. That and the quote before that

8. Thanks man, i've pretty much got the lights sorted now.

9. Like they've said, you want at least 23 watt bulbs, and make sure you keep those fans when you strip the case.

If you're looking for any stealth ideas I have a pc build guide linked in my sig