First time grower looking for some help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Mostdankshitbra, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Hi im growing for the first time. I have already germinated and have my seedlings sprouted and growing there about four inches tall and a healthy green. i have a space heater in the room with a temp gage and a florcent light. The temp is usually around 80 and humid. The plants are under 18h light 6 h in the dark. There in mirclegrow plant mix and three times a week i feed them food rich in nitrogen. If any one has any advice or tips on how to get the best out of my grow please help!

2. Well for starters, stop feeding so often, and if they are only 4" tall (how many nodes do you have?) and in MG soil, no ferts should be needed for at least a month, maybe longer being that you are under a weaker light source. Any pics will help in getting more accurate advice.

3. #3 Adabsurdum, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009
    Ya, don't feed them anything until they are at least a month old. It's just not necessary if the plants are in soil pots. The soil will have at the very least a months worth of nutrients available to the plant. The plant, at such a young age, has very very little capacity to absorb (tiny root system) nor process (very few leaves to soak up sun so as to make sugars/build cells).

Best advice if you're soil growing... for the first month...

1. Water your plant once every few days with plain water.
    2. Use the strongest light available to you from day 1 but not too close so as to burn 'em the first little while.
    3. Keep the temperature cool (under 30) and have a breeze on the babies.
    4. Do use a soil made from a mix of stuff if you can. As in different types of composts, soils, worm castings and rotted manure with a large ratio of vermiculite or perlite for aeration depending on the consistency of the rest. 1/4 to 1/2 for example. Careful not to make it TOO rich. I find that it's hard to burn them with well decomposed compost even when mixed in great quantities with your soil. Add a little bit of this and little bit of that and the plants will be in heaven.
    5. Just leave them to grow and don't give any kinds of fertlisers, vitamins and supplements... none. Everything is in the dirt you prepared.

4. the plants have two knots and the lights are about five inches away from the plants. im just looking for tips on what to do to et the best that i can get out of the seeds

5. eh ..

was that not enough ?

Use Google like the rest of us then.