First time grower looking for feedback/advice :)

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by XH4Z3X, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Hello all!

So, this is my first post on Grasscity ever...
    I guess I should start with the basics,
    I'm running a 300W LED GrowStar light, no ventilation yet apart from a deskfan to move the air around. Only the one plant, came from a bag I purchased and decided to germinate. This was my first attempt at trying anything like this in my life in all honesty, but I am enjoying it every step of the way so far! The first few weeks were slow and tough, everything went wrong from overwatering to underwatering, nutrient burn then lockout... It was hard to say the least. After a while I got the hang of it and have been learning through the process, whether it be by research, reading things online from other grows or simple trial and error. I'm now 3 weeks into flowering as of today, and I must say I'm very happy, my worrying and sleepless nights are finally showing off in the form of glittering bud sites, covered with hazy white pistils. I'm using Canna Coco A+B, 4.5ml's of each into 1lt of tap water, then PH'd to 6.2 and never wanders. I'm thinking of buying some Bloombastic next week and adding that into the mix, though I don't know if it will have the same effect considering it should of really been added in this week for maximum benefit, or so I've heard through others. Some of you who have used Canna C-A+B before may be confused as to why I am using .5ml's more than the bottles recommend. It's because the stems started growing in a bright redish purple colour and the last time that happened it turned out I was undernuting it by a fair amount. I tried 5ml's of each to 1lt of water but the lass wasn't all to keen on it and decided to droop/get brighter stems and generally looked sad... I gave her a quick flush and left her for the night until my timer turned on. I noticed a small improvement the next morning but she was still a little droopy. This time I made up a batch of feed with 4.5ml's each, PH'd it to 6.2 exactly as always and within 35 minutes she was perking up again and losing the purple in the stems. I have no idea what this issue was, but I somehow fixed it and hope it won't happen again!
    I've also been defoliating every so often when she gets a bit out of control seeing as 300W is on the small scale of growing lights and she is only in a fairly small 3ftx2ftx5ft homemade tent, the light can end up getting blocked out from the canopy a lot of the time. So far nothing I have cut off has stressed or harmed her in anyway, if anything I always see a huge boost of growth a day or two after clipping a few leaves off to expose bud sites and allow more like penetration.

Anyway, enough of my babbling. I will include some photos, two of which will be a before and after defoliation comparison, of which I would appreciate any feedback or advice on :) i'm overall just looking for some reassurance that I'm on the right track to producing some great buds from some more experienced folk :D

Cheers!!

[​IMG]
    (After)

[​IMG]
    (Before)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Take pics in normal white light .
    No one can tell anything about the color of your leaves bathed in purple LED light .

3. I will put some 'normal white light' photos up in the morning, it didn't really cross my mind tbh.

4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried getting the best shots I could with my crappy Iphone 4S camera, so sorry if any are blurry, I tried my best!

5. No responses? Damn!

6. Looks like you doing good

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. Looks good buddy. First time grows tend to be shit I know mine was, but this looks nicely done. Pat your self on the back.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. #9 XH4Z3X, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    Thanks, man! I was a little dubious at first as I was vegging under 3 42w CFL's I was surprised when she made it into late veg unscathed! I have no idea what I've been doing apart from giving daily care and attention, but I'll keep it up and update during the final weeks! :D

Just out of curiosity, what would you estimate I'd get from this? I know it's so hard to tell as there are sooo many variables to factor in, but I'm just looking for a rough estimate from someone with more experience. :p I'm aiming for atleast half a gram per watt, giving me roughly 150g's? That sound anywhere near correct?

9. Honestly its really hard to tell from just eyeballing. Like you said theres so many variables. My advice is to be as patient as possible and wait for those amber trichs. Because people tend to get ahead of them selves and chop super early, and then you get a big pile of shitty weed.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1