First time grower, long time smoker

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Doc-J, Aug 1, 2011.

1. It looks pretty pro to me. Can your reflector/hood be air cooled? If it can, and you can cool it separately from the room ventilation (ie dedicate an intake and exhaust to the light), it would help the heat a lot. Also, lengths and turns of ducting slow down air flow, so if you could reposition the filter/fan and eliminate the "U" shape, and shorten the length it would help a little.

2. No, unfortunetly it is just a cheapo batwing hood. Im probably gonna get a new hood after this round. Havent decided but I may go to a 600 as well.

Due to space that was about the only place to put my filter without limiting the height of my lights or my plants.

3. Do you have a fan blowing on the light? (pointing towards the exhaust)

4. Not directly on the light but the fan on the floor is tilted up to help push hot air towards the top

5. A fan blowing on the light helps a lot for me.

6. Here we are day 53, 3 days into 12/12. Plants are doing good, growing about an inch a day now. I was worried about light possibly getting to the roots, so upon advice I wrapped my home depot buckets in aluminium reflective tape. Plants appear to be starting to show what looks like pre flowers, but I'm not sure and even if they are it is still too early to tell. Hopefully in the next week or so I will be able to sort out any boys or girls. I cant wait, the countdown has begun, and the end is at least in site though still many weeks away.

Attached Files:

7. Looking good man! Im on day 54, I'll probably flower them next week. Can't wait to see how many girls you got:)

8. lookin great! hope you get 4 girls.

9. Thanks guys, I hope they are all girls, but that would be unbelievable luck. If I get two out of the four to be ladies I will be more than happy.

10. Well, got the first one showing definite sex, and it's a boy. One down, three left.

[​IMG]

11. sorry to hear that, good luck on the others!

12. Thanks. This guy was chopped early this morning. The good news is, up further investigation two of the other three are now showing definite pistols, so I am pretty sure those are girls. The third is showing no signs yet of being male, so I hope it is just a slow developing female as well. I'll get some pics of the girils up later when they go back into the light cycle.

13. looking good, sucks about the root damage early on. those could have been monsters! sucks about the male though. Hope the third shows girl.

Looks good keep the pics coming.

14. Well here are a few more. It is amazing how quickly these things shoot up once you go to 12/12.They have all grown around 6" or so in the past week. All three of the remaining plants are now showing signs of being female. Now it is just a matter of fattening them up and trying to avoid hermies.

Attached Files:

15. Good to see female parts your way m8.

16. Thanks.

Things are going well, and dam these thigns are getting tall in the stretch. They have put on at least 7" in the first week of 12/12. I am having a humidity problem during lights out, the high humidity in my area is killing me. I'm going to try and adda couple of damp rids to get it down, but right now it is psiking up to about 80% during lights out. Lights on is good, around 60%.

17. Same issue here let me know how that works for you.

18. Here are two of the plants, the other is out for watering at the moment. These two have grown taller more rapidly than the third. Being bag seed it is hard to know if that is a result of growing technique, or just the fact that one is a more indica dominant while the other two are more sativa dominant. The taller two were pruned more of their lower leaves in veg, where as the third shorter plant is much bushier. However, that good still be a result of trimming, or indication of species I suppose. All three seem to be budding at about the same rates, with the third smaller plant simply having more bud sights, and the taller two having fewer but slightly larger buds so far. I'll get a pic of the third one tomorrow.

These two have gone from 11" to right at 24" since flipping to 12/12 two weeks ago.

Attached Files:

19. #59 Doc-J, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
    I tried one of the smaller damp rids, it didn't do a thing to lower my humidity. Now, it has absorbed some water, but the humidity may have dropped 1 % if that. I am sure a high exchange rate doesnt help that very much though. With the ambient humidty being as high as 93% there just isnt any dry air to suck in. I am thinking about trying a fan controller combined with a small dehumidifier. If I can lower the exchange rate by running the fan slower, and have the dehumidifier kick on during lights out, it should help.

I plan on grabbing one of these timers, I have used them on fish tanks for years, they work pretty well. They will allow you to run night and dark cycles on one timer, a separate third group on a second timer, and one constant powered outlet.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Coralife-05151-Power-Center-Night/dp/B004PBD1KG/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top[/ame]

[​IMG]

20. Well here we are, day 71 total and three weeks into 12/12. These females are looking a little better by the day. They seem to have stopped the rapid stretch and the little buds seem to be fattening up a bit more. Hopefully another 5 to 7 weeks, and these will be done.

Attached Files: