First time grower, leaves curled all of the way down

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dmart, Mar 8, 2017.

1. I just checked on my plant this morning and they were curled completely down. I watered because soil was way dry. Its in a 5 gallon (transplanting to 10g today and seems to use water up every few days

2. soil is dry or wet now?
    when did you take this pic? (after or before the watering, and how long in either case)

3. it was before. Nvm this post. I waterd it 5 mins before I posted this and its already starting to fix its self. def was under watered.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Misting also helps underwatered plants A LOT and it doesn't cause any stress so you can water a little and meanwhile mist the leaves(specially underneath) so they'll recover faster.

5. no do not mist the leaves... do not have any water on the top of any of the leaves. it will magnify the light

6. It's not an outdoor grow under the July's direct sunlight so take it easy.

7. are you that thick headed? thats exactly what it is like. its indoor. under grow lights. which is like 12:00 noon sunlight all day long. do not mist your leaves.

• Like Like x 1
  8. And you know a damn thing about his lighting or its distance? For the record, I ALWAYS mist my plants under a 400w MH placed at 30cm and NEVER had any light burn so you either come with evidence next time or just stop popping up randomly.

9. to say its not in julys direct sunlight is just silly. what else would you call it? your grow lights more of a late fall bulb?

10. Be mindful of the misting if you try it. It is possible to burn plants if your're using huge lights and ther're really close. This dosent mean itll burn yours. Do some research and youll figure out the right answer for you. Also, never mist in flower, it could cause mold/mildew to start forming. Personlly i dont mist. I just wait for the soil/coco to be bone dry 1 to 2 inches down before i water. Good luck.

11. I have learned never mist when light is on causes light burn on top of plant

12. 1) Use the reply button.
    2) That was a sarcasm I guess, you can order some 'sense of humor' on eBay :D
    3) When a plant is "recovering", usually you don't put it under an intense light ;) (if you don't mind)
    4) Unless he's using a 600w+ HID, he can NOT easily "light burn" the plant.(try misting and putting a ~60w CFL as close as 5cm to see what I'm talking about)
    5) I always suggest people to stay away from misting(I can find you my posts so you'll see what I usually say about misting) *BUT* when it comes to an underwatered plant which needs a quick fix, I'd rather mist instead of (huge)watering the plant and causing some other unwanted stress to both root and shoot.
    6) I guess he's using CFL(around his plant) and if that's the case, misting would be totally safe, lights on or off.

• Like Like x 1
  13. #13 yazdan, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    [​IMG]
    Totally wet, isn't it? And yeah, under 2x400w HID lamp. Any light burns? *NO*
    An underwatered/overheated plant treated with (proper)misting and a bit of watering: BBW

• Like Like x 1
  14. I have gotten into this with this guy before yasdan - he thinks that artificial light is an improvement over sunlight and that indoor growing is an improvement over nature. He sounded off without even knowing what light the op was using.

• Like Like x 1
  15. this.