First time grower journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ogmusic, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Hello there. 11 days ago I decided to experiment with a seed I found in my baggy. The current set up I have is in my closet with three CFL bulbs 68 W total on 24/7. I have been reading for quite some time on these forms so I have little by of knowledge but not much. Here is where I will post pictures about every other day of my plants progress. Thanks for checking it out

Starts from day ten. The day I transplanted them into a bigger pot because they had stopped growing in the solo cup
    Roots! image.jpg
    Roots 2 image.jpg
    Roots 3 image.jpg
    In new pot image.jpg
    Under the lights image.jpg

All pictures are from 10.31.13 I will post pictures of it today as it has already grow Quite a bit after transplant

2. Day 11
    If anyone could be kind enough to give me some reasons the end of my leafs are curling down? The plant is not hot from the lights so I don't think it's that but I could be wrong, I also rotate the plant every few hours to make sure it gets good light. Thanks in advance

Day 1 in new pot. So far so good image.jpg
    U can see the leafs curling down here image.jpg
    Top of plant image.jpg

3. Leafs curling down could be nutrient lock up are you feeding the plants nutrients.  You should not need to feed nutrient to the plant just ph'd water if the soil has never been used before.

5. @[member="Bombastic"] I haven't used any kinda nutes yet. It thanks tho

6. What soil are you using? Full grow details will help.

7. Leaves may curl down if you over water. Don't keep it soaked.

8. its a nice baby, you may as well start a few more so you get a girl for sure.

Just for your information you can grow a good sized plant in a solo cup. As an experiment about 10 years ago I put the solo cut to the test

I took some good seeds, planted them in solo cups and grew them 12/12 light cycle from seed and ended up with a nice sea of green with little leaf, the plants were almost all bud. Now this was not just one cup, LOL it was a bunch. to this day Im impressed with what can be grown with nothing more than solo cups. :)

9. Day 13 image.jpg
    Grown decent amount since transplanting
    image.jpg