First time grower hydroponic grow tent set up

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Havetostartsomewhere, May 30, 2017.

1. Ok so I've never grown before. I'm sorry if my post is redundant but I'm literally starting from scratch here. I've read up a little on it online but that's the extent of my knowledge.

So far I've decided that I want to get a grow tent that is about 5ft tall because I'm looking to grow about 6 plants at a time. I want to grow hydroponically and I want to use HID lights.

I see hydroponic grow tent kits online that I can purchase and I'm sure that I would be able to follow the directions but I'd like to know what I'm purchasing and why I'm purchasing it.

So with that being said can you guys help me out and tell me what exactly I need to purchase? And point me in the direction of a good guide to set everything up and start growing?

2. Check out this youtube video, it really helped me when I put together my first grow tent setup. There are also a ton of good guides on the forums if you find you need a bit more specific information.

3. Thanks!

4. 5FT tall with an HID lamp is a short order. Whats your grow space and what is your budget? My input on hydro is do not do it. Stick with soil your first few grows. It costs more and is like learning to sprint before crawling.

5. That's what I was thinking as well...first grow I would run soil...it's easier and much more user friendly....but either way, here's my setup... a 4x2x5 grow tent....4" Vivosun exhaust fan.....two 300w LED panels (about 280 actual watts)...and a couple small fans for circulation....just the basics is all u need....my entire setup only cost me about 240.00....would have been more but I got lucky and grabbed my tent for 30.00....I also have a small 2x2x3 tent they I use for vegging