First time grower. How does it look so far?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by urcinus, Nov 21, 2011.

1. [quote name='"urcinus"']This is 30 days into flowering. Sorry for the lines in the pics but the lights kicked on :)[/quote]

Looks pretty good from the pics so far!
    Plus you will get better each grow. So if your doing good now imagine how good you will be a year from now.
    Keep it up.

SignSmoker

2. Quick question guys and gals. So I'm at day 38 in flowering and I still dont see any purple on my GDP? The plants all look real healthy. No burning, tip bending...They look great but no purple. Anyone know why this may be?

Urcinus

3. i've seen gdp do a lot of things it kinda has a mind of it's own. or i guess depends on the breeder. or. something

try to do your last couple of waters with ice water and put ice cubes on top of the soil. i read about this on a thread and it turned out pretty good. slows down the growth a bit cause of stress but brings out the color and increases resin production. ima try it anyhow ;)

4. Im growing hydro but I can make the water colder...

5. A large lights on and off temp drop will help.
    15-20 degrees works well on purple strains we have run.

We have tried the ice water flushes with mixed results so far, we will try it again I'm sure but don't usually bother.
    About 85% of the flowers go purple on our purple strains.

SignSmoker

6. When do you start seeing the purple?

7. You SHOULD already be seeing little spots of purple. If your not it doesnt always necessarily mean you planted the wrong strain, sometimes it just does what it wants, but if its important to you that they turn purple, add an A/C unit and start running some co2 in there. If you dont have a tank and regulator start buying dry ice every week and put it in some water above the plants in a closed room and just let it flow all over the plants. Densens the nugs and the coldness helps with the purple.

I forgot to mention if you go with the co2 do it when the lights are off.

8. Wait, i see some purple in the pics...What are you talking about? they look just as purple as they should by now. The leaves don't get all super purple unless its cold..

9. I just took these pics and I can see the purple alot more in the pictures....yummy!

Attached Files:

10. Another question. So the buds are smell pretty good, but I wanted a strong odor. Does anyone know which nurts turn in the the proteins that increase the odor of the plants? Thanks :)

11. [quote name='"urcinus"']I just took these pics and I can see the purple alot more in the pictures....yummy![/quote]

Haha all I saw was this picture and I thought... "looks like some sexy gdp to me" then went to the first page and saw that it was. LOL

Like people were saying, temperature drops help purple strains be more purple. When the lights are off add an extra fan and circulate cool air to drop temps at night about 10-20 you should start noticing lots and lots of purple.

As for odor, I hear budswell helps with adding some elements that hydro takes out of plants, like taste and smell. The budswell is bat guano and some other stuff and works for hydro and soil. :)

12. 48 days into flowering. We are getting close guys and gals :) ....Ok but I have a question. Most of my buds that are on the top of the plant the trichomes are turning the milky color and the lower buds trichomes are still clear. At what point should I start to flush the plants?

Thanks

Attached Files:

13. [quote name='"urcinus"']48 days into flowering. We are getting close guys and gals :) ....Ok but I have a question. Most of my buds that are on the top of the plant the trichomes are turning the milky color and the lower buds trichomes are still clear. At what point should I start to flush the plants?

Thanks[/quote]

Dang! Buds are getting fat from last time!
    I say you could probably wait another week before flushing. Anyway you can get more light to the lower buds?

14. I tried to get more light down below. I just didn't trim the plants up enough. Next grow I will know to trim them back alot more.

15. you could do a two stage harvest , tops first then give them a few more days light hitting the lower buds.
    looking very good dude.
    Middy

16. Have you ever done a 2 stage harvest? Can you chop like 1/3 to 1/2 the plant and it still survive?

17. i have seen it done at a mates house, but only the once so i am NOT 100% convinced as i did not see the B4 & after , he thinks it works and have seen posts about it being done.
    hope that helps but someone will come along and say so or not, and i will do it myself in 4/5 weeks time & i'll take some pics so that i don't fool myself with bug bud eyes,
    cau Middy

18. yes it will be ok. prune it at the leaf junction.

the baby buds underneath will get more sun and be happy.
    you can leave them for a week or 2 and see the hairs change to the right color for you.
    I harvest by color, not time they have been in flower.

You have some serious light in there, as I remember, and the lower buds will not be as used to the heavy light.
    give them a little adjustment period before lowering our lights down to the new tops.

19. So I'm on day 53 of flowering. I noticed the discoloration on some leaves on my tallest stalks. I'm thinking is is heat burn from the lights but I'm not sure. Anyone know what this is?

Thanks for your help...

Urcinus

Attached Files:

20. everything looks fine to me! but then again, i've only been growing for a year.
    just stoppin by and tellin ya it's lookin great man! :smoke: