First time grower. Hindu Kush on CFL's

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dvdafrank, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Hello all. I've been doing my research on growing for the last couple of weeks and finally decided to take the plunge and start my first grow. I love this forum and all the input everyone provides to one another.

So, here's my setup. I would appreciate any pointers and advice from you all. I decided to make a grow box that would be able to be stored in my closet, so i chose a storage-bin grow box seen here.

http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-room-design-setup/19844-cheap-grow-box-design.html

1- I'm using the 2 storage-bin design so it can get me all the way through harvest. I also thought about adding a scrog and placing it between the two storage boxes, about a foot away from the plants. I should be able to fit 2 pots in the bin.

2- The lights are going to be soft white, 2700k CFLs placed through the top of the lid of the second storage bin, roughly about 2 feet away from the plants.

3- I decided to plant Hindu Kush because of their smaller growing size. If anyone knows a better seed I should be growing I would highly appreciate it.

4- For the medium. I was thinking using a 50/50 potting compost and perlite.

5- As for nutrients, I was thinking of following the standard. Nitrogen during the growing stage then switching to Phosphorus and Potassium for flowering. Does this sound good to you guys?

6- Lastly, I was thinking of adding this odor neutralizer design seen here to mask the smell in the closet.

http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-room-design-setup/144976-perfect-odour-neutralizer.html

So, my questions to all are:

1- How should i control the lights in my grow? 12/12? 24/7 for the growing then switch to 12/12?

2- How often should i feed my plants?

3- How often should i water them?

Thank you again for taking the time to read my post. I would truly appreciate any feedback from you all.

Lite it up, dvdafrank.