First time grower here asking about a reflector

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Paustin121697, Apr 16, 2016.

1. [​IMG]
    Please help a grower out; My plants are on day 15, and just got transplanted into these pots and switched to 12/12. Does this white cardboard around it work well as a reflector?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. The white cardboard is fine. I would leave it like that. Aluminum foil and raise heat and burn plants.

• Like Like x 1
  3. But you will def want to add more CFLs soonish

• Like Like x 1
  4. I would even go as far as to recommend that you turn the CFLs so that the plants are getting the light off the side of the bulbs. More light emitted like that. And of course more light is better. The white cardboard is ok. Windshield sunvisors are a good substitute for reflection. Usually cost ~$5 but I would worry more about getting light in there than the reflection if you're straped for cash.

My Journal

• Like Like x 1
  5. Why do I need so many? Those aren't bright enough? I also have an LED growlight

6. What watt are the CFLs? What kind of LED is it?

My Journal

7. The cfls are 23W 2700K

• Like Like x 1
  8. [​IMG]here is my Led it was 50 dollars

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oh btw you need a certain amount of light to be optimal. You're simulating the sun. Recommended is 150 actual watts in CFLs for 2 plants. More is better. LEDs need to be certain strength. Both need to be in the correct color spectrums, also.

My Journal

• Like Like x 1
  10. [​IMG]
    Does this look better?

• Like Like x 1
  11. More light=more better potent bud. less light=less bud

----------------------------------
    there's certain accidents where you may be drunk and on drugs.
    but it's going to happen weather you are or your not
    -Ricky

• Like Like x 1
  12. So that's 3 23w cfls? Plus the LED. I would recommend more lighting if you can afford it. My setup looked like yours when I started.

My Journal

13. Lol thanks bro, so how many more cfls? Isnt that a hella ton of electricity though for the bill?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yes that's much better. I can't tell the distance but I would keep them 6 inches or less from the plants without them touching the bulbs. I don't know enough about LEDS or those bulbs to tell you the distance to keep it.

My Journal

15. Depends on where in the world you are. Mine isn't bad and I have 20 bulbs going at once in full swing. Maybe $10-15 a month with all them. I would grab maybe 2 42watt or a few 23watt bulbs.

My Journal

16. Il get 42 watt ones thanks for the advice

• Like Like x 1
  17. Btw the bulbs need to be around the 6500K range for flower.

My Journal

18. Man I used to do the same crap and I will give you the advice I wish I'd gotten, those led's are crap save your money and buy at least a 400 watt hps I got my first one on eBay new for $90, it's Apollo brand works like a champ, I've moved it to my veg room and I haven't turned it off in six months. With those lights you won't get an ounce buy a bigger 400 watt light and you'll get a half pound easy.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  19. Some of us cant have HID unfortunately. If the OP can afford it, by all means get a big tent, HID lighting, good exhaust, and a good carbon scrubber. I personally can't have that.

My Journal

• Like Like x 1
  20. Just trying to help you out cause I feel bad because honestly you're going to be very disappointed when you see what you get after months of work.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app