First time grower *help*

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dankrupt, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Okay so this is my first true dedicated grow. , two auto bombs. I feel like they are too small. It's been 15 days.... Kinda pissing me off. I just hope they're putting it into root development or something. Does anyone have experience with this strain?

2. Im doing a berry bomb fem seed and its about 3' 1/2 feet tall picks would be great

3. its completely normal that newb grows dont match the growth rates of pro grows. the difference is mostly in the lighting.
    if you had chosen a regular strain rather than an auto, you could just compensate for slow growth with longer veg time. growing autos indoors where you control the light is not smart.

4. See... I had no clue.

Attached Files:

5. Do you think they just got stunted?

6. I'd say the soil's your problem. What kind/what's in it? I don't see much, if any, perlite in it. Roots need air.

7. I know the soils whack..... But they are autos. I may just try to fix one of them and see how it goes.

8. using nutes too early can stunt the plant even if it doesn't show signs of burning. If you are using a soil with nutes in it already that can cause seedlings to grow VERY slowly. With autos you really dont wanna mess things up because they will end up real small or die before they finish.

9. I think I supplemented too much nitrogen with a foliar spray I got mixed up :c ( rookie ) that I derived from an ACT. I'm shooting for organics. Just hoping I can keep em alive and move on. Lol. These spider mites didnt help... With constant treatments on such small plants. Oh well. I was naive for thinking stuff won't go TOO wrong. Lol. But this sucks. I'm pretty biologically enhanced, and I guess you learn. But anyway, I didn't want to transplant them, thinking it would stunt their growth. Lol. My delay clearly was counterproductive....

10. Its true for best results to NOT transplant auto's at all however, if you are using soil with nutes in it already then you must start them in either soil with no nutes or coco/hydro so that you can wait about a week or so before giving them nutes. IMHO those things are not going to make it. You will probably get nothing from them and if you have mites with plants that small you should start over anyway. Use a powerful bug bomb and clean the room. Leave all of your growing equipment in the room when you bomb as mites can go dormant and wait for food to present itself and multiply quickly.

11. Thanks. Yeah, I started with a mix too heavy.... Just transplanted them. There was a rock about 2 in perfectly under the roots. They didn't like that. I'm hoping for the best. Got some going back up just in case.

Attached Files:

12. them being autos is no excuse for making mistakes, in fact with autos you need to be more careful to not make mistakes cuz even while theyre vegging, the yield will suffer.

13. Not blaming autos. I'm blaming being inexperienced. Thanks