First Time Grower...having Some Problems?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sweet_jeeba, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Hi everybody,

I am a first time grower, first time poster..all around noob.

I planted an autoflowering seed on May 25 and it sprouted on May 29 (closet grow). Today is July 10th and I have included a photo of my plant thus far. It is only about 3 inches high. I have been using a 40 watt (200 watt equi) cfl daylight bulb and have 3 fans (2 of which are facing the plant and light. It seemed to be getting light burn so I moved the light up a few more inches.  It appears to be flowering already (starting to smell), but hasn't grown much at all. 

Any ideas or recommendations I will be very appreciative (or do I need to start all over?) I am very interested in learning how to do this right; I want to grow my own for personal use. 

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. #2 CanadianOrganic, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
    What the fuck? That thing looks like its flowering.
    Whoops didnt read how old it was.
    You're not gonna even get a gram off of that. I would definately start over. What are you using as a medium?

On another note I think you may have broken a world record for smallest flowering plant haha
    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Theres no going back with autos. im also new and on my first grow and my autos are about 4-5 inches tall and have bigger leaves than that and its only been 10 days since they have been above soil I am using FFOF soil and a 600w MH running 20/4 

I figured that was what was happening! ugh!

I used an organic potting mix mixed with perlite. I'm guessing its obvious that I need different soil. What kind(s) do you recommend? 

I was lighting on a 20/4 schedule. 

5. Do you know what this organic soil consists of? Cause it sounds like you're doing things right, I mean for the most part shes a nice color.

6. I mean, this doesnt even make sense. Baha

Thanks for your reply. I was using cfl's because I'm on a pretty tight budget. What is FFOF soil? I used some organic potting mix. I wasn't really sure what kind of soil to get or if i should mix my own? Thanks for any help. I'm hoping to try again and get way better results!

9. Uhh that doesnt really help. Buuutttt if its got fert already in it thats not good.

Ok, what do you recommend? Should I just mix my own? 

You think the fert in the soil stunted its growth? 

11. Oh yeah thats the only thing that makes sense. Just buy some pro-mix if you can find it (probably with some perlite, peat, compost- which are all fine). Then just get some grow and boom food and some calmag supplement. Maybe put some other small things if you want. Check out the thread thats like 'easy organic soil for beginnera) in organic section.

All right. Thanks so much for your help and I'll def check out that thread. 

13. No problem man. I'm a beginner myself, so I'm glad I can help.

14. Fox farm ocean forest. You can find it at most hydroponic stores its like 16$ for a big bag

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. be careful with FFOF, it is great and my main choice indoors, but it is very rich for seedlings, especially autos.

16. Ah yes, so I've heard. I started them off in seedling mix in Dixie cups but after the first week the roots were down to the bottom of the cups in all 5 plants so I transferred them into the FFOF and they seem to be doing great.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Why has nobody mentioned the 40 watt, you wouldn't read a book with that

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Haha true say. OP, rule of thumb is 100w for one plant +50w for every extra plant

Yea, Autos have a very short life so you want them to grow as fast as you can. I use a 1,000 watt 12-18 inches over them.

Soil it not the trick, they just need some cheap shit with perlite, blood meal, bone meal, earthworm castings.

Seriously upgrade the lighting also plant autos in larger numbers. here is some solo cups with autos in them.

Solo cups are a growers best friend.

View attachment 1337315

20. Yeah get about 24 more those bulbs you're sorted mate ha only joking buddy it is small but perfectly formed just how I like my ladies (real), onwards and most definitely upwards haha

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Grasscity Forum mobile app