First Time Grower From The U.k

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by tubbsy41, May 26, 2013.

1. Hi GC!
    I'm relatively new here and was just wondering if there are any outdoor growers that could help me make a decision.
    I'm going to do a grow this summer, start late june/ early july, and I really don't know what seeds to get.
    I have these in mind at the current moment in time;

Lowryder #2 Autoflowering Feminised Seeds Lowryder - original auto-flowering cannabis seeds

http://www.paradox.co.uk/products/Female-Seeds-%252d-Purple-power.html

I don't really want anything that is going to grow over a meter in height, they need to be stealthy!

So are there any strains you would recommend growing over the two above?

Cheers   :smoke:

2. defintley go for an auto

3. I think I will but I also want an outdoor photo to see how it.grows

Sent from device_name using Grasscity Forum App

4. Dutch Passion Auto extreme femmed has outstanding reviews. 

5. I swear that grows huge though?

6. yeah it's a bigger type of auto (you can LST it and leave it in a smaller pot to keep it smaller)
    you can use smaller autos (dinafem, barney's, paradise seeds are good Cos)
    or also start photoperiods around mid or end june and leave them in 5-10 gallon pots so they  stay smaller (Cali connection are also well reputed).

7. could you explain lst please? Do you have any links to buy the seeds you named, I do not know where to buy from and I didn't realise you could force plants to stay small but I'm really looking to plant in the ground ideally

Sent from device_name using Grasscity Forum App

8. you can get seeds at attitude or gypsy nirvana or dr chronic's, all 3 are legit.
    Then choose your Company and then your strain.
    yes, you can reduce size by planting photoperiod strains later or by using autos or super autos in smaller pots.

9. I use feminized seeds, they are good now (no hermi issues or other)

10. I'm a total noob, what one of them sites is best and define later because some take 8weeks to flower some take 14 ? What is a super auto? And how much of a smaller pot?

11. no pb
    depending where you are photoperiod plants will flower around beg/mid August, no matter when you atarted them (although starting too early causes later flower onset). Anyway, if you use photos (photoperiod plants), you can change their size by starting them later (end June or so if you want 2-3 feet plants), depends on sun they get during veg time too ( a full day spot can get 6 foot plants in 6 weeks about). If you do a photo grow in a 5 gallon pot, it'll stay smaller (root restriction) and also cause earlier flowering. 
    Or if you want smaller ones and start now and finish in 2-3 Months, use autos. Super autos are big autos that finish in 4 months. Photos finish in 6-7 months if started in April (n. hem). 
    It's your choice!

12. I have sooooo much to learn and there is no way a plant will last 6 to 7 months outdoors in the UK? Have you tried the lowryder 2? Or any lowryder outdoors in the UK? And I need a fast flowering photo, like 9weeks or shorter that doesn't get taller than a meter without having to tie it down pt anything, any suggestions, sorry if I'm going on abit, nearly finished my 8th lol

13. #14 Corto Malteze, May 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2013
    no never tried lowryder but yeah autos will do good in the UK
    purple maroc is a fast flowering photo. But to keep it smaller you'd need to start it later. It also depends on the direct sun it gets. If it gets 5-6 you can start it now (will finish at 4-5 feet), if it gets more (10), you can start it later as it will grow much faster during veg time. For your latitude, it will begin flowering around mid July or beg Aug and finish around mid Sept. It works well in the UK. The high isn't killer but good yield and resistance. You should try some Cali connection strains too, they are strong and will finish around end Sept or so. When you start (now or later), the genetics (purple maroc starts to flower earlier and ends earlier than most strains), the direct sun it gets and the pot size will determine how big it finishes. 

14. well no taller than a meter so if I order tomorrow get them on like a week or so what size pot should I plant it in and would it be a crazy idea to put it in the pot then dig a hole in the ground for the pot to lower the plants height if ygm?

15. yeah you can do that
    also bend it down as it grows
    how much sun will they get? this will impact the size
    what soil mix are you using? you want 2 diff. ones, one for seedlings, one for bigger plants (1 month +)
    for size, 10 gallons for photos to keep em smaller, 3-5 gallons for autos

16. I have a few places around the garden mapped out and its about 6 hours - 8 hours, I was going to worry about soil later when I'm almost ready to plant, just going with something simple and cheers for all this help btw lad :D

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. #18 Corto Malteze, May 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
    sure no pb
    ok 6-8 is good enough
    the soil mix is a crucial element cause once they're in there you can't take them out if it's too strong and burnt plants often are stunted for life. You want a smooth ride for them, and gradually give them a stronger mix. I don't liquid feed so place all in the soil and just use water. But liquid feeding is possible if your in your back yard, in taht case the oilless mix (=peat based and with perlite) should have NO nutes (or very little). Careful cause potting soil from stores has strong NPKs (nutrients) that'll burn the hell of your plants. Hence the need for a soilless nute free mix which you cn tailor according to the plant's age. 
    use a baby seedling mix (see if you got the things I listed in your area) in small cups then you can move up to bigger pots after 2 weeks (importnat to not use a huge pot directly as it'll be hard to water and let dry without causing root rot, and the roots need to fill up a smaller space to develop a strong root system)
    then either you can finish in the ground or use pots (practical in case you need to hide them or something)
    Have a good one

18. so do you recommend ordering them today and getting them planted asap (purple maroc and lowryder 2) because technically the British summer hasn't started I don't think, I was planing on planting 4th July and harvesting in the first 2weeks of September if the plants take 9-10 weeks to grow (i want an early harvest only by a week or so to avoid bad weather killing my plants, do you have anything else to add or say that could possibly help me?
    You've been a brilliant help mate! :D

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. #20 Corto Malteze, May 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
    Autos finish in 3-4 months from seed to bud
    Photos take much more because they need to wait until the 14 hour limit happens (in the UK this is around mid Aug). For purple maroc, the limit is lower so it will start to flower around end July/beg August. When the sights say 8 weeks about photos, they mean 8 weeks after the plant has started to flower. Photos don't finish in 8 weeks! Purple maroc finishes faster (6-8 weeks flowering). so you should be finished rather at mid/end September with it, and not in the first weeks of September. It also depends on the phenotype you get (in the same strain some individuals start to flower later than others). You can also trigger earlier flowering on photos by adding a light tight box to make 12/12 happen, for 3 weeks until it flowers (since your at home you could do this dep. on if neighbours can see your yard too: boxes may be sketchy)
    Once you get the photo seeds, plant asap imo cause flowering will start in August, i.e. vegetative stage will stop. You can also start the autos asap. Good luck.