First time grower... Fox Farm Line

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by NJsteez, Feb 15, 2011.

1. #1 NJsteez, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2011
    I'm going to start my first grow soon. I have been doing a lot of reading on everything since I went into this knowing nothing. Anything tips/hints/advice you want to add here is appreciated. I have everything but seeds, mediums, and nutrients. I'll be trying Nirvana's White Widow strand, and using many CFL's and some Flouro tubes. I'm growing inside a 19 3/4 in. deep, 46 3/4 in. wide, 68 3/4 in. tall storage closet.

My plan is to start in Foxfarm Ocean Forest potting soil & add perlite to the mix. I also wanna try Foxfarm GrowBig, BigBloom, & TigerBloom following their Feeding Schedule starting off with 1/4 or less the dosage slowly building it up.

*My question is; is it safe to use with the above trio during the flowering cycle Foxfarm Open Sesame(in the first week(s) of flowering), Beastie Bloomz(when bud set begins), & Cha Ching?(after 1-2weeks up until 1-2weeks before harvest) In that order cycling off the first and on to the next.

Does anyone have experience with any of these nutes?

Should I only go with Cha Ching? or Something else or all 3?

Will I burn my girls even with 1/4 or 1/2 the dosage using all 6?

Could anyone shed some light on the Foxfarm line? tips, hints and past or present experiences... If you have any pics of your results would love to see em'

2. fox farms is a good beginners line up. you have all the right ideas. yes use all products and except for grow when flowering not needed at all!. follow there feed chart starting at quarter/ half doses . at the end you should only feed half strength as well. you won't burn at lower doses. just be sure you give them plain water the next feeding after the strong chemi ferts.make sure to flush last 10 days

3. Why do you call Fox Farms a beginners line up? What do you consider an adequate nutrient system?

4. Looks like your off to a good start. However id strongly suggest to use regular potting soil for your newly germinated seeds. FFOF already has nutes in it, and may sometimes cause nute burn with young seedlings.

Grab some cheap organic potting soil.. and then during ur first transplant, use FFOF.

5. I think what he means by that is, Foxfarm has a great feeding chart for all their ferts. Making it great for beginner growers. It has everything you need in it for growing bud and the pH levels seem to stay consistantly in the safe range from what I've read here on the fourms.

Now that does not make it bad for growing great buds, that's everyone's own opinions.

6. LOL I was THINKING the same thing. I'm planning on a WW grow starting in April so I'm interested in how yours goes. Grows?

7. my fox farm OF says no additives. Says ready to plant and the ph is set for optimal growth

fox farm is the best IMHO , nutes and soil are both great

8. I will post updates/ pics here. I hope to have it started by the end of this month.

I've heared mixed opinions on this.. is it alright to start seedlings out in FF Ocean Forest? In particular White Widow, without nute burning the seedlings? I won't being feeding them for the first month or so. Is it good to add more perlite to this soil? What is the most optimal perlite-soil ratio?

9. From my experience and most others, fox farm feeding charts are a little strong. I skipped the first few weeks of the feeding plan and let the plants suck the nutes off of the soil. Ocean forest has alot of nutes in it already. ALso i wouldn't get my babies full does of their nutes right away, start with maybe 1/4 then to 1/3 and so on. Just start off slow and you'll be fine.

10. Sorry i should have read on further, i add around 25 percent perilite to ocean forest. Makes for very good drainage. As to starting seedlings in ocean forest i have never done it i always start in those little water absorbing bark cube things. but then i place that right into a pot of ocean forest. So i'm not to sure in that area.

11. i wasn't putting down fox farms they are a good line designed for ganja. a little chemi flavored if you don't give them a good long flush at the end. fox farms is plenty adequate but hurts in the flavor department, better if you use the 3 basic nutes and none of their end boosters. try snow storm ultra you'll love it

12. For seedlings I`m trying the Fox Farms Happy Frog soil, no nutes in it then when they get established around their second set of 3 bladed leaves gonna put them in some Ocean Forest then just water for a few weeks till the time realease nutes wear off then give them my regular nutes during feeding cycle. Gonna see how that works for a few seedlings that I`m starting now for my upcomming outdoor grow.

13. Thanks man for your replies, one more question. For your seedlings in the cubes do you just give them water and how long until you trasplant them to your soil?

Noted, good looks.. and thanks. :smoke: