First time grower - first time consumer - how should I hit it?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by NoobGrower., Jul 3, 2020.

?

How to hit it?

1. Ding BONG. Who's at the door?

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Roll a JOINT - that's the point!

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. How about a VAPE with your morning crepes?

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Swipe right to PIPE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Oh brother, let's do something OTHER (see below)

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. I'm a first time grower and the grow is going well. I'm now starting to inch closer and closer to harvest day and it's time to get serious about how the heck to consume it!

As in the title, I will also be a first time consumer. My wife of 19 years may also consume for the first time along with me. Neither of us have any experience with substances other than alcohol. Never smoked Nicotine. Never tried Cannabis. I live in an illegal state and enjoy growing flowers from seed. I had a space for this, so add a little boredom + Covid fever + defiant personality + little extra money in the bank and I came to the conclusion of "why not grow my own Cannabis and give it a go?".

So having said all that, for consuming I'm thinking about going with a bong. I like the idea of not inhaling the hot smoke from a rolled joint, but I'm open minded.

If you have a product/website recommendation, feel free to post.

Thanks!

Here are the ladies (Autoflowers. Blueberry and Sweet Tooth..Tooths...Teeth?)
    1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. [​IMG]
    Dry Ice Kief from my grow..

Never liked bongs. Just never did. Pipe or joints. Now I'm a lot older and it's 99% edibles for medical issues and the occasional toke to be social.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bong style vape is what I use.
    That or edibles, but they're for after I've vaped it first.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bongs hurt.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Don't over do it, take it easy and enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Can you elaborate? What do you mean? Thanks!

7. Do you have a vaporizer you'd recommend? Not looking to break the bank, but will pay for something that works well.

8. Although you’ve never smoked anything I’d recommend a joint rolled in non flavored paper. Old school style. I never minded the flavored wraps but once I had weed to smoke that I grew myself I didn’t want to taste grape paper. I wanted to know what my herb tasted like. Guess a bowl would be the same too. Regardless of how it’s smoked it’ll be harsh for y’all.
    I personally can’t roll to save my life. But I’ve never had to learn as there’s always someone willing nearby. Bongs, Dab pens, vapes, hookahs, trillions of glass, gas masks, I have all that stuff in my woman cave but nothing compares to a good ole rolled joint for me.
    I’m excited for you and overwhelming jealous ‘ you have a lot to look forward to. And your plants are gorgeous!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Start with a tiny amount (like the size of a pea) my personal favorite is a pipe, but I don’t recommend that for the first time because they hit really hard. My suggestion would probably be a bong. Just make sure you know how to use it first! (Never waste a date with Mary Jane) after you use it, wait about 15 minutes, if you don’t feel anything, try a little more.

If your really a first time user, your whole life’s about to change! I wish you the best of luck on your journey man

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thanks everyone for your feedback. It's really interesting how the community has such diverse preferences.

I've decided...to try a variety!

I ordered a dry herb vaporizer. It's a Planet of the Vapes One - pictured below. I inluded the mini bubbler and the "Bent Glass Mouthpiece".

I ordered some pre-rolled cones. I thought about rolling myself, but too lazy and just want to get to business. If I like the smoke side of things, I will likely buy one of those little rolling machines and go that direction.

Lastly, a buddy is going to let me use his bong.

Should be a really interesting night!

vaporizer.PNG

11. Here my 2cents I’ve been smoking about 14 years now. My main go to is a pipe. It’s casual, easy to move around and won’t get you to ripped if you still need to get some things done. Although pipe especially new ones can be harsh.
    My opinion
    vapes/volcano vapes - will be the smoothest but the high will be very mellow, smooth, relaxing not a huge psychedelic effect.
    Edibles- very but most of the time this will be heavy, couch lock, and can a lot of times can have you end up in a quite psychedelic state if to much is eaten.
    Pipes/joints- what I would recommend, pipes can be alittle harsh but just don’t take so big of a hit. Have a nice drink to sip while your enjoying a bowl, joints can be hard to roll for first timers. But I do think there smoother then pipes. As someone said above take a couple hits wait 15mins gadge from there.
    Bong- will filter the most smoke XY and Z get you much higher then a pipe. Can or can’t be slightly harsher or smoother depending on the bong. If you go bong get a couple perc in the sucker.
    I’ve kinda rambled. I’ve had a couple beers. Well hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  12. Yeah it does! Thanks a lot for sharing your perspective. Great post!

13. I typically vape for health reasons, BUT when I am working outside, nothing beats a joint.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Probably a bit late to the party here, Thats a nice looking grow you have there, especially considering its your first time! I myself have never grown before, but I have been a smoker for many years.
    For me personally, its spliffs all the way! a nice, clean paper, my favourite is RAW organic hemps. I like to use a mild tobacco; I'm not sure if you do that in the US, but I prefer these over joints/blunts because of the way they "hit" the back your throat.
    With joints I find it feels like a normal breath on the inhale, and then does nothing but tickle your throat on the exhale, making you cough, whereas with a spliff you can feel it hit your throat on the inhale, with a smooth exhale.
    To be fair if you have never smoked cigarettes before, all you would taste is tobacco no matter how mild, but because I used to smoke fags, all I can taste is the weed.
    In my humble opinion, pipes and bongs are the worst ways, they just burn too hot and make you cough and your throat sore. For a first timer I would suggest either a spliff/joint and go steady with it, or something like the volcano vape, which is very mild on the throat both inhaling and exhaling.
    Congrats on your first grow tho dude, you have done well :thumbsup:

edit: I said YOU a lot.. I meant ME haha :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. As a new user (started again after a ~15 year break)

I rolled a joint using a RAW organics 1-1/4 paper... This was a terrible idea, as I consumed way too much, and had a terrible experience.

Since then, I have bought a nice one-hitter with a slide adjuster that allows complete control of the hit size. I can't recommend this enough.

Also, the weed was much smoother without the paper, although to be completely fair it was a different strain. received_710333769536618.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wow you are a first timer at such an age wow its gonna blow you away lol if you dry it and cure the buds good when they are ready then you will have good weed my friend.

For smoking it I don't recommend a vape I recommend an ice bong spend around 100 dollars or under for a decent one and as the name says you put water in the bottom half and ice in the top so the smoke is double filtered through water and ice then its cooled by the ice you will enjoy that.

Second best would be a joint. If you smoke cigarette then roll the joint with cigarette tobacco mixed. if you don't smoke cigarette then i recommend rolling a joint with just weed in double size (Kingsize) rolling papers and a cardboard roach rolled for the filter tip and share it with your wife.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  17. You guys are the best, thanks for all the advice and perspective!

• Like Like x 2
  18. One thing I would add to this just for clarity if you decide to go this route @NoobGrower. Make sure to get a pouch of rolling tobacco, and not a pack of cigarettes, there is a BIG difference :thumbsup:

19. I said if he already smoked cigarette to use tobacco so then he should use whatever he usually smoked in his cigarette. Unless he smokes pipes or cigars then that tobacco would be no good but rolling tobacco and cigarette tobacco both go well with weed in.

20. Nope, never smoked any tobacco. Well unless you count the time in high school where I tried to be cool. Failed.

• Funny Funny x 1