First time grower, Did I do ok??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jpgass, Sep 22, 2011.

1. #1 Jpgass, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2011
    I grew 4 feminized big bangs started in May 7th
    I had a setup with
    4, 5 gallon buckets
    room 9 ft tall 3 ft deep 8 ft wide with flat white paint.
    I used 400 combined watts in florescent lighting 200 t5 over head and in the middle a 200 watt sunblaster compact full spectrum.
    I used Flora Nova & Bloom
    maintained a 6-7 ph
    1st week was 24 than the lighting when to 18/6 until july than 12/12 the whole way. until the day before I harvest than I will do a 24 hour dark period
    1 oscillating fan 2 inline duct fans one in one out, also I used this ghetto method of eliminating smell I call it a charcoal blanket fliters out the air but retains heat very well So I can leave my grow closet open.
    I used an inorganic medium 2 parts peat 1 part vermeculite and 1 part perlite so I could control very heavily the nutrients.
    the fan leaves are heavily yellowing and I have removed many of them due to me making them fast, so they suck up whats left of the nutes

They look heavy and are sticky as hell
    I vegged until July 31 st
    I plan to crop at months end (September) and I would like an opinion, I wish I took pictures all the way through
    and how much do you figure per plant? if you had to guess.
    I will post yield amount to see who's got the green eye :p

Attached Files:

2. :eek: You did awesome, im drooling!

3. can you take a size reference photo?

4. #4 WELLHELP, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2011
    Keep blooming for a little longer, could run a feed cycle with molasses to bulk up the buds and add more resin to them as well. I think you will really enjoy the increase to your bud weight. Also don't forget to flush your crop as well be for you cut them down. Just run water every other day for like a week or two, to remove all the un-used nutes. That way when you smoke it tastes tasty not chemicaly.... Otherwise look great! Maybe post a close up shoot so we can see the crystal and the hairs on the buds... Shot five is my favorite! I might bloom them for other couple weeks, flowers look a bit young to me. Not to much ambering color to them. The mature color...

5. Here are some close ups and comparison, that ruler is a 24 inch ruler I placed it on the ground to get an image of height for you.
    They are shorter plants 2ft and over. I used a beer can for bud size reference.

Hope this sheds more light :)

Thank you for the feed back.

Attached Files:

6. Not to shabby, looks like a bit less than half a pound... I think youll pull 2 Oz's per plant or so... Hard to tell scale, but it looks like the plants are only 2-3 feet tall...?

snuck the scale shots in on em ! haha...

yeah, 2 Oz's per plant is a reasonable guess ! I would say youll get 6-9 Oz's total..

Good job !

7. I think I will take the advice, I have been flushing and am not familiar with using molasses possible if you could private message me that would be super.
    I was originally going to mid October I just get impatient lol.

I will hold off and get that extra bit I know they can give.

Thank you.