first time grower, Bud time?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by korupted, Jun 13, 2009.

1. #1 korupted, Jun 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2009
    Hey guys, Just signed up. Seemed like an awesome site to get some info. Using soil, Average nutes, and a 400watt HPS.

Ive read up alot these past months and finally just started to grow my own. After lots of trails and such. I got a nice one coming along. Its about month and a half old. Strain = I have no idea, Just bought a bag of swag from a friend and it had seeds, So why the hell not.

Had it grow outside for a good 2 weeks. Til it flooded rained and now Im keeping her inside. (Hopeing its a her anyway).

Now these other three I just started growing maybe 2 weeks ago. Brainstorm strain :D

anyway, back to my bigger one. its about 1 and a half foot tall, maybe 2 max. I want to start budding, But Ive read and saw many many different ones replies, like one saying that one of this other guys plant was "stretched out to far" and its to late. So I thought Id take a picture of mine, and put it up and see if its to late? I know I can bud anytime I want, 12/12. But think I should now? I tried taking the best picture I could of it, one overhead looking down, and another from the side (that looks orange cause of my light)

Anyway maybe I'm too stupid or didnt search around enough, If so, Then I'm sorry, But any advice or help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. High there, she looks a little stretched to me. You can put her into flowering now if you like but you don't have many bud sites yet, I'd veg her for longer.

Good luck

3. Is it true that the plant almost doubles in size when it begins the budding?

This is my first plant, shit strain seeds probably, Ima just start budding it.

Ill let you know what the results shall be.

4. They can stretch alot dring flowering but that can be different with each strain and method. You should check out the journals section and see what other people are doing. You're plant looks stretched maybe due to being out in the sun, so she doesn't have many bud sites yet but the main cola might be a treat.

I would have vegged her for longer and maybe tied her down but its to late to stress her out if she is going into flowering. Good luck

5. looks like yours are stretched and my suggestion would be to top it. search around for it and you will find many posts. when you top it it will give the other new nodes time to catch up and you will have 2 top buds and will keep it shorter. if you top them they will be nice cause they will bush up and will build a bigger root mass which is what you want.

hey i am currently flowering brainstorms from nlseeds. my brainstorms are in bubble buckets and are filled full with roots just about. i started flowering them when they were about a 1.5ft and one was topped. now they are about 4ft tall and i think they got about 8in more to go. the one that was topped has 5 main bud sites because all the others nodes caught up to the top buds and now are huge. im about 4.5 weeks in and there are crystals stacked on the bud and the main fan leaves. the crystals are so thick on the stems of the leaves you can barely see the green on the stem. they look fucking amazing and i hope they will be as good as they look. off 3 plants im looking to harvest about a pound!!! hope my experience helps you.

6. Plants look good, and welcome to GC. :D

7. Alright guys, giving an update like I said. Ive used regular miracle grow potting soil. And miracle "DISSOLVING PLANT STICKS" as I say sticks, NOT THE ONES YOU STICK IN THE DIRT AND IT S TIME RELEASED. These are little packets that dissolve in water, and its been working good as I can see, but ofcourse, Im a first time grower, No idea if its healthy or not. Anyway, done with that MG disolving stuff. Sense its flowering time, I just ordered dr.hornbys BID BUD and BUG CANDY to use.

Remeber the one thats stretched? I said the hell with it, and started the 12/12 cycle and start budding. This is what she looks like now.

As you can tell, its got alot healthier and bushy. Dont know if i should start proning and clipping some leaves off to let the light hit the other lower leaves.

Now, Remeber how I said I had 3 brainstorm strains going?

Well, I had to work a 22 hour shift one day, 4 hours away from home. So I couldnt come home to turn my light off, burned 2 of the plants. But they are recovering it seems. And one is striaght up growing GREAT.

Here are pics of those.

anyway, lemme know what you guys think! Thanks!

Attached Files:

8. bump, any thoughts?

9. at this point all you can do is make sure you watch your plant closely and give it what you feel like it needs. one of the taller ones looks like the lower leaves are drooping a little. usually its because it needs water or is getting too much water. if you could put in some supplemental side lighting it would help you get more buds out of lower level branches, not just the top main cola. other than that, keep going and good luck! :wave:

10. so I started using big Bud, Its working great, Got loads of white hairs :D and loads of sparkles on the week and a half of 12/12!

now, Im confused on this BUD CANDY i bought.. its liquid.. in a jug.. and "2 ML per LITRE"

I opened it, It does not smell like fucking cotton candy, or any candy at that.

but ive heard good thigns about it, so obviously it works. Now do I mix this and put it in the soil? Or spray it on my plant? Its 0-0-1

Contains loads of "nonplantfood ingredients"

So do I mix 2 ml with 1 litre of water and put it in the soil? Or do I spray it on my plant? Thanks

11. u should invest in a timer there not that expensive 5-50 bucks depending on if itz digital or pins i got a digital one from hd for 20 bucks.then u wont have to worry about turning ur lights off if u have to work late again

12. Welp guys.. I harvested...
    Right when half were orange, half were still white (I hear that makes it more energetic high)

My frist time growing, My frist time harvesting, I THINK I did ok..

I cut em off by the steam, and i got a food dehydrator im letting em dry out and cut more precisely those smaller leaves in the bud.

Here are pics. Please, tell me what you think!

Attached Files:

13. When you harvest you want to go by the trichome's, the little crystal's on the buds. The hairs, which I assume you were talking about are not a good indication. leave any leaves on that have trich's. you got the first under your belt, you plan to continue this at all?

14. Possibly, Not to sell or anything though