First Time Grower, 4 Week Old, Fiming After Topping

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by emrugg1, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Hi everyone,

This is my first time growing and I am extremely new I have not had any advice or given to me, only what I have read on the internet. In addition to that I only have one single plant and I have no idea yet if it is a male or a female (a friend game me a the plant one week after germination). I am really just growing this as an experiment and for fun. 

The plant is on its fourth week of growth. I have it in a smaller pot at the moment in Miracle Gro Moisture Control Potting Mix, and I have not added any additional fertilizer yet. The plant is only 10 inches tall but the plant does look healthy. It was kept indoors in a solarium for about two weeks and has been outdoors for the last two weeks. Unfortunately I have had no means to give it all the light it needs, so it has been getting only about 12/12, give or take on how nice of a day it has been.

Here are a couple pictures of what it looks like today (4 weeks + 1 day)
    Top.jpg
    side.jpg

Can anyone give me some direction in relation to how much water I should be giving the plant and what pH? If I should start fertilizing (if so what type, 20-20-20), and when I should transplant it to a larger pot?

I also was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about topping and FIMing my plant. I topped my plant for the first time last week at the fourth node. I was wondering if you can FIM the two new tops that have sprouted, and if so when? Can I FIM at any other node?

Here is a picture of the two new tops (4 weeks + 1 day)
    Two new tops.jpg

Thank you all who reply

2. You can top or fim all you like, I dont.

I  would let them grow and tie down branches.

How much water is determined by how hot and windy it it. Id give them 8 ounces more or less every 2-3 days.

Feeding.  10-15-10 will do fine for veg and then add a 0-20-0 in bloom. a table spoon of epson salts in a gallon of water will feed magnesium it will want when it gets bigger.

The number one thing is don't love them to death, if they look fine leave them alone!

happy plants grow at 1.31523569 x 10<sup>-6</sup> miles per hour. :D

3. Looking good emrugg. Hope its girl!

4. Thank you for your input it was helpful , any tips on when to transplant? Anyone else on FIMing or topping?

5. #5 snoopdog6502, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2014

When? A week or two it will need it.

Clay pots are a bitch, let the soil and root ball be dry and it will slide out when its upside down. takes 2 seconds.

you may have to shake it some or even take a butter knife around the edge but hope you don't.

Wet root balls get sticky and fall apart doing damage to the roots.

Pot up to bags or plastic pots, or best, in the earth.

6. Thanks snoop