First time Grower 1 Week 3 Days

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DCrunitup, Mar 14, 2017.

1. How is she looking i don't know what strain it is. It's has been 1 week and 3 days I'm still in the veg stage of course. I rinsed the soil on day one because I used MG (Miracle Grow) soil since then I have only watered her once so far, I was told to water every 7 days. I'm using CFL Lights and 18/6 Light Schedule. Any tips and advice is welcomed I am a total beginner. Thanks for your time and help.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. looks like you planted 3 or 4 seeds in that tiny pot? first mistake. 2nd mistake was using miracle grow. 3rd mistake was using those clay pots.

i would transplant asap. get some good soil Miracle grow is nothing but problems. get some real pots. they do not like the clay pots. grab some smart pots or just the regular plastic ones at lowes or home depot. plant only 1 plant per pot. they have massive root systems and more than 1 cannot grow that close together. good luck bud.

• Like Like x 1
  3. What dude said in first post plus lose the cfl light and buy a real light. Start over man. If u need any help I will be glad to help out . Grown outdoors most of my life but it's my first indoor grow myself . [​IMG]

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

4. You're plant looks happy enough for the moment I'd say you're doing solid so far . The only downside to miracle grow soil is its heavy in N I think a lot of there stuff is time release in the soil. So during flowering they may have more N then needed they may try to grow more then produce bid during the flower but other then that your soil is fine . Once you get a little practice in switch up to nicer soil where you get to become the scientist and put your own additives into it :). The only issue I would think of with your pots is its gonna be very difficult to transplant them into other bigger pots . If you don't plan on getting bigger pots then your plant will just max out what ever gallon size pot you have and just won't be able to grow any bigger. If your having fun and your plant is green your fine. Keep on growing!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. There are plenty people using cfls producing great bud,?which mean that's a preference of your and that's cool but I'm on a budget and I'm not trying to grow fields of weed at least not yet but starting over I won't be I will just see how it grows out thanks man

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for the advice I will transfer into a bigger pot. Of i continue to use MG do you think nutrients will be needed before the flowering stage beings. I'm having fun learning new stuff what to do and not to do I started became I was bored and has seeds from some fire weed lol I plan to also buy a led light to add with the cfls soon

7. Good luck

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

8. They look great at this point "Keep it simple stupid" is a good rule...Bad soil, don't nute for a few weeks at minimal strength solution