First Time Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CannabisValley, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Lol I say just get some new seeds and soil because if I'm right u only have 1 seedling left right? So I would get more soil or mix your backyard dirt with the one your mom has or use some of the good soil your mom has (didn't u say Ur mom had soil lol my bad I'm kinda sleepy right now) but use better soil get more seeds and like a day before u see the seed starting to crack or on the day you get the seed get your cup a fill I full of water and let the water drain out and put your seed in the soil then use all the cfl's u have and don't water until the top of the soil is dry

2. NOO do not use dirt from your back yard contains bad bacteria bugs alot of things in the dirt that you plant doesnt need.

3. yea so i have this seedling under 24 hour light its my last one and it hasn't grown or anything at al i have transplanted it into fresh good soil in a bigger pot maybe that stunted its growth. but yeah i am looking to get new seeds

4. Ok man, your seedlings are dry. Keep them moist but not flooded. Also your using clear cups, that could be letting light into the roots that's no good. Your cfls should be sufficient light for now. Spritz them every so often.

Just my two cents

5. It's probably in shock dude to tell you my opinion.. lol. Don't give up on it until it dies BUT! dont let it give all you effort and patience in to it dont over water or underwater give it good lights you need atleast 100 watts total for a plant grow decent.. that might actually take a couple cfls but hey itll be worth it. invest in some good soil., perlite helps drainage and helps store a little water, vermiculite helps drainage and root growth you need both of those in you soil that you buy. you dont want your soil to hold moisture itll cause root rot. and kill your plant.

6. i lawled. :D

7. yeah. i assume its in shock and i have 1 100 watt 6500k cfl over it atm but if its gets bigger i'll add a socket splitter and put 2 bulbs over it. wud adding gravel to the bottom of the soil make good drainage?

8. yeah that would be fine but your soil on top needs drainage so it dont just hold moisture all the time (soil,perlite,vermiculite,) ... what i did (soil,perlite,vermiculite,and 5 pinches of dolomite lime.) I have success, but my soil got infested with fungus nats they eat the roots of your plants and just organic matter. I tried to get rid of them with raid lol... bad idea straight up killed my plant. Lesson learned

9. okay im a new grower and iv been growin LEMON ICE outdoors for about 2 1/2 months and my plant is only a foot tall..Is that bad?