FIRST TIME GROW

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by newbie2022, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Hey guys, I am looking to become a great grower. I have never tried before but I bought some seeds from premiumseeds.com white runtz to be exact I am currently growing in a TopLite 60"x48"x80" 2-in-1 Indoor grow tent room. As well as a MarsHydro TSW 2000W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum. Along with natural rain water and 2 small fans until my ac infinity Cloudline T6 come in within a few days. Any tips or pointers to point me in the direction of a successful first grow? Btw i'm growing from upstate NY with harsher temps during the winter will this be a issue? I guess my question here is how can I grow the best potent buds? Any suggestions for any materials? Or how much water is each plant suppose to intake? For some reason photo is not uploading but I am on day 4 of flowering.

2. What is your grow medium ? Please don't let get bagged potting soil fuck up your head to the point you think it actually is soil because its not .
    you need to pick decent bagged compost, potting soil less soil grow medium
    then mix with soil .
    Bagged compost = organic matter = what was a living plant= nutrients.
    Dirt/soil/sand lava rock. mixed in your compost works good.
    Normally bagged composts has little to zero minerals in it, this why you want mix in some soil/earth/sand in it.
    read some books on growing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Need to complain to the moderator about not being able to post a photo .
    They think the system is working fine. I cant post photos either,

• Like Like x 1
  4. Weird. Worked for me. Sorry for the tomato pic. Just testing lol

Attached Files:

5. I am currently using Happy Frog soil. I have 5 plants growing in small cups right now plan on transferring to fabric 5 gallon pots I’m not really sure what’s a good time to transfer lol. Any suggestions soil or the water intake?

Attached Files:

6. When my mom was alive she used the exact same mix in her vegetable garden, but without the lava rocks. She would even go to her sister's cattle farm and get seasoned manure.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Okay Guys I’m on day 6 I’m starting to learn so much as the days go on lol. I am transferring my plants in about a hour or so. Only 4 have sprouted so far. There is a purplish color developing on the stem of two of the flowers. Will that be a issue or is that just a normal part of the growing process?

8. Here a few pictures

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Purple in stems is very common. Probably just genetics. Soldier on and good luck!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Thank you I was worried

• Like Like x 1
  11. Okay guys day 11 I officially transferred them to their new homes lol. I’m using Mother Earth soil in 5 gallon fabric pots I picked up from a local store. They are officially on the 18/6 light cycle now I also added Bloom for the first time today. I’m excited to see them grow. Any tips or recommendations at this stage of flowering. Any feed back is fine lol. I’ll post a

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lookin' good. Only thing I can say is a very common mistake for new growers is over watering. Remember they are still seedlings and need very little water. As the plant gets rockin', you'll know when to start watering more.
    Best of luck!!

13. Okay guys day 11 one of the flowers leaves is turning yellowish at the end of the tip I’m not sure what I should do to fix it

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Just for clarification, those are seedlings not flowers.

• Like Like x 1
  15. You transplanted too early. I grow in solo cups for 14-21 days. I also added Bloom for the first time today. There is no need to feed a seedling of that size. Most likely the yellowing on the leaf tip is nutrient burn. I'm also from upstate NY. Need help,just ask.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sheshh I knew something was wrong. Is there any way to fix it or just try to hope it’ll grow out

• Like Like x 1
  17. Water only for a few weeks. In NY we have much better soil-less bagged mixes. Coast Of Maine- Lobster compost "Quoddy Blend". Can be used as your compost input for a no-till living organic medium. Or you could go for the Coast of Maine-
    Stonington Blend Grower’s Mix if you do not want to build your own no-till living organic medium. It's a bit expensive but they claim it to be a water only medium. I'd suggest reading the first few pages of the following thread.

No-Till Gardening: Revisited

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I've often followed the rule of thumb that the time to transplant out of solo cups is when your leaves have reached the edge of the cup. This indicates that the roots inside are reaching the edges too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. My last grow I put a clear solo cup in the red solo cup to check out the
    roots and to also see how the water flows thru. I'm in upstate NY also , welcome to GC newbie2022.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. I've used the "double cup" method for years growing peppers and tomatoes. Cutting out the bottom and slitting the side makes for a very easy time on the root ball. Just recently learned about the clear inner. Gonna try it next time around. Genius!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1