First time grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Derelict, Jan 30, 2017.

1. You're doing pretty darn good!!!! I, actually killed my first grow by over watering. It's the "pampering" effect. Lol. Shit happens, and thus, the learning curve. :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. [​IMG]

WTH is this colour on top? Do I need to worry? She looks great otherwise
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Looks like N toxic, but I'm not sure

4. Well after two waterings without nutes, the sisters seem much happier.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Still haven't solved the cause of the discolouration of the leaves on little sister, but it has not spread and the affected leaves are growing strong.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. I did a test last year with mosquito dunks, it killed over 1000ppm of nitrates in less then a week, making it impossible for me to grow anything in it. It killed everything.

Just thought I'd mention it since he has compost in the mix.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Way to soon to add nutes....normally wait at least 3 weeks, a good soil can feed it that long, or longer....then start ur nutes, Alaska Fish Fertilizer, that's all I use in the veg stage, plenty of Nitrogen and it's almost impossible to burn them with it....cut back on the watering and let it grow....I know it's hard to just leave them be, but if u just give it wut it needs, then u will be rewarded in the end...happy growing

• Like Like x 3
  7. If gnats start to fly around without using mosquito dunks you can put sand on top of soil to stop them from continuing their life cycle. The flying gnats can't get to the soil to lay eggs.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. Repotted today. Strapped down the bigger one, don't have the heart to top little sister, she is so pretty.
    I don't think I broke anything tying her back, but I hated to manhandle her like that. Fingers crossed. Open to critique.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. here's a tip for u...buy pipe cleaners fro dollar store. You can LST in seconds. Make a little hook on one end for rim on pot, pull branch down and bend over pipe cleaner....takes seconds. Good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Awesome tip, TYVM. I even have a bunch already. So simple it's genius.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yea pipe cleaners work well....I use paper clips also

• Like Like x 1
  12. The girls seem to like being tied down.
    Haha.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Keeping them on straight water, they seem to be comfortable since transplant.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lookin good

• Like Like x 2
  14. Yes, plants looks very happy and healthy

• Like Like x 1
  15. still growing strong.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  16. still growing strong.

17. Wow 10 weeks, they seem so small yet... hate waiting.
    DSC_0467.JPG DSC_0470.JPG DSC_0476.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  18. This week the girls lost some bottom leaves, I took it as a sign to add some nutrients. Big mistake. Got the claw almost immediately. 24 hours later, I did not think big sister was going to survive, but we made it. Another mistake to recover from before blooming.[​IMG][​IMG]