First time grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Derelict, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Dove in head first...
    Bought a "complete grow kit"
    120x120x150 low profile tent
    Mars II 1200
    3 Karibbean Mango seeds, 1 drowned because I am an overwatering fool.
    Soaked on 12 Jan. 17
    Planted in pro mix / food compost / perlite mixture.
    Right away had issue with fungus gnats living in compost, quickly pasteurized some in the oven, baked dirt makes the house smell yummy.
    Transplanted from seeding tray to 4" pots 28 Jan. '17.
    No idea what I'm doing, hope it doesn't show.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Can't see anything.

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. First feed today, Plant-Prod 10-52-10, 1g/L. Something doesn't look right to me... Fingers crossed. 1486336978468-1287605020.jpg

4. I think I figured it out, I moved my fan earlier today, and I think it may have been to intense for them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. They looked quite stressed out...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  6. Agreed. Moving the fan helped a lot, and fast... So I gave them a little drink. Ooops shit. Leaves drooped instantly. Man oh man why can't I just leave well enough alone?

7. Yo, you can also water with crushed mosquito dunks to kill any larvae and add sand to top soil to eliminate the issue with flying gnats.That will help so that in the future no baking is required because that kills the organisms in the compost that your plants need. You in flowering? No? Then slow down on the phosphorus you are feeding her. More nitrogen in vegetation friend. The n should be higher then the p and k.

• Like Like x 3
  8. The fertilizer I use is labelled plant starter. I am worried that I mixed my soil to rich with compost, does this look like N tox?

Attached Files:

9. You already stated you're 'an over watering fool' You're still doing it. You're gonna drown that poor girl. Wait til that pot is bone dry, even if they start wilting a lil bit they bounce back in an hour. Feel how feather light the pot is. That will give you an idea of when to water. I don't tend to let them go totally dry, but I have a grip on watering. You my friend are over doing it. Don't love them to death. If you haven't heard the term yet, LITFA. Leave it the fick alone. Good luck.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Thanks, I needed that.

• Like Like x 2
  11. What "Justalilcrazy" stated above is true. Also, try to not use fertilizer until she first shows signs of deficiencies and slowly add a minuet amount at a time. That helps you to not cause a deficiency by trying to fix one.

My First Soil Mixture:

(5 Gallon Pot)
    FFOF - 3 Gal
    Perlite - 11 Cups or .7 Gal
    EWC - 5 Cups or .3 Gal
    Azomite - .5 Tbsp Per Gal
    Dolomite - 1 Tbsp Per Gal

This is my first mix I did myself and my plants had 2-3oz ea dry at the end. Use this as an example and go from there when you transplant.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Not much new, moved the ladies into better homes (6" pots). Toned down the compost in the mix, I found it was very heavy, muddy and held a lot of water, speaking of which, they have been on straight water all week, growth seems slow but they are quite stout little plants IMG_20170212_165237589.jpg IMG_20170212_165445094.jpg IMG_20170212_165455724.jpg

13. Kannabia is a great company. I have their karamelo growing now!

• Like Like x 1
  14. These were freebies, next is Kannabia Power Skunk. I can't wait, like a kid waiting for Christmas I'm so excited. Like: settle down spaz.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I know how you feel. I have a few other strains just waiting to be grown!

• Like Like x 2
  16. OP, they are still getting too much water there, Bud. With seedlings and a good soil mix ( I prefer FFOF, a little perlite, and a little Promix) you should only be watering once, maybe twice a week, and NO nutes. I do add mag, but just that and plain PH'd water. They simply do not drink much water that young. You will see much better health and faster growth as soon as you leave your watering can alone! For a beginner I don't believe solely in the "wait until it feels light" method. Instead beginners should just wait until it's dry not just to your first knuckle, but 1-1/2" down. With proper airflow the top may seem bone dry, but deeper in the pot is still soaked. So combine a depth check and weight. You'll get the hang of it. If you think you need to water, don't. Instead wait an additional 1-3 days. Hope this helps Bud. Try it out and report back to us with your much improved growth and plant health!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Survived another week.
    Overwatering issue... Resolved - fired that guy.
    Wind burn issue... Resolved - moved fan, fired installer.
    Temperature issue I was not aware of... Resolved - refer to fan guy.

Topped big sister on Friday.
    Looks good so far.
    Seems like we are never going to get to the goal. Patience...[​IMG] 1487545240104.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Takes time. The lights seems good. Look at how she is growing. Not too much space between node meaning she is getting light my friend. Keep it up. The overwatering is a lesson to be learned haha. Glad you moved the fan to stop harming her. I'm gonna keep my eye on this thread. I bet she does nothing but flourish after all your tweaks.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks!

20. Anytime my friend, but don't thank me. I'm just telling it like it is. Anything you need help with or questions pm me.

• Like Like x 1

Grasscity Deals Near You