First time grow - White Widow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MaryJayBlaze, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Thank you! What kind of lights are you using??
    Omg you should look at the first thread I started hahaha I think i killed 8 seeds on accident before I got any to actually start growing. I had read the marijuana growers guide and they said to use a peroxide/water solution for some reason so they were cracking but wouldn't go anywhere from there they would just die.
    Watching them grow is so much fun! And it's going to be so cool to see how something I grew smokes :love-mj2:

2. I used 4 f2f T5 bulbs for the first month, and just switched to a 600w Viparspectra which the plants seem to love! I also topped all six of my plants after 2 or 3 weeks, and I have just started bending and giving them nutrients. Do you plan on doing any topping or just letting them do their thing? Nice to have someone to talk to who is at more or less the same beginner point as me ( :

• Like Like x 1
  3. I was planning to prune the bottoms some instead of topping them to increase airflow and get rid of the fan leaves on the bottom that are soaking up the nutrients but aren't getting much light since I have a decent amount of height to work with.
    How big is your area? I actually debated between the 450 and 600 but went with the 450 since it was enough for the space I'm working with.

4. Oh and what plant are you growing? It may just be more indica dominate than mine and that may be why it seem like mine is doing better?

5. I'm growing 5 Trainwreck and 1 Sour Diesel in a 3'×3'×6' tent. I think a big part of them being smaller is that I kept them in little 4inch pots a little longer than I should have. I don't mind though, the tent is already a little crowded haha. I have a 4×4×6.5 tent that I just need to setup and then I'll have a bit more space to work with!

6. Peroxide helps kill germs or bacteria that’s how I germ my seeds.

7. Can anyone tell me what's going on please? There are black lines running up the ridges of the stems it showed up either this afternoon or morning. 20180125_202039.jpg
    There is a little dead spot on the tip of this leaf too...? 20180125_202032.jpg
    These are both on B.

8. 20180125_202139.jpg
    So a day or 2 ago you can see in the pic where I tilted the light slightly towards B so that C and B could have a chance to catch up to A but then I put it back today because I was afraid A would reach for it.
    A 20180125_202120.jpg 20180125_202116.jpg

B 20180125_202058.jpg 20180125_202101.jpg

C 20180125_202109.jpg

9. Also any recommendations on an organic pesticide??
    20180125_202213.jpg

10. I wonder why all of mine died, maybe I didn't get the mixture right or something...:/

11. Very nice, are you going to get another viparspectra or are you going to try a different brand?

12. I just do a tiny drop in a warm glass of water then throw it in the cupboard as soon as seed cracks ( usually less than 12 hours) I throw it in a wet paper towel and ziplock bag then back to cupboard next day has a tail and it goes in dirt with ziplock bag over it under a cfl

13. How come you failed what went wrong if i may ask . A good farmer is a happy farmer i was once told lol.

14. You can use several different things as a pesticide. In organic gardening we try to boost our plants with ipms to strengthen them against pests without using sprays(insecticides, chemically derived products) or other means of non-natural solutions. So if that is the route you want to follow then here goes...

Neem meal is your best friend in this situation. Not only is it a benifical ipm solution but it also gives your plant nutrients. As I was told though you don't want to rely to heavily on one certain ipm and single application but more of a constant schedule of ipm every so often.(Unless of course you have a pest problem and it isn't going away)

Here's a few examples :

Neem meal or Neem oil(foliar application)
    Aloe Vera(not so much but still useful)
    Crustacean meal(helpful)
    Fenugreek

Soap Nut
    Cilantro
    Basil
    Lavender

Rosemary
    Spearmint
    Peppermint
    Cayanne Pepper

Per gallon :
    1 Tablespoon of Neem oil
    1 Tablespoon of emulsified liquid Agsil
    1/4 Tablespoon of 200x Aloe Vera(can substitute for the actual aloe plant)

Mix that until it's nice and creamy, then add warm water in a mason jar or something that closes with a lid. SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE!

There is a simple ipm spray that can be used all throughout the veg stage up until the first week of flower. If you chose to, you could add 15-20 drops of lavender/peppermint/etc as extra protection. This came from Mountain Organics himself so you know it will absolutely get the job done safe and effeciently.

Hope any of this helps. Best regards!

J Evergreen

• Like Like x 1
  15. Does anyone know what is going on by chance??

16. #77 JohnnyEvergreen, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018

17. Not yet, I'm hoping C will get to about 1.5 feet before I start to flower them but I'm making sure A and B don't get too tall

18. They seem to be black and are uniform.

19. Well dont forget the 2-3 week stretch u will get when u go to 12-12 my one was around 17 inches and ended up at 34 inches lol and thats 80 % indica the sativas stretch more but im an indica guy all the way.