First Time Grow - White Widow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Weenster, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Hi everyone, I'm new to growing and would really appreciate your help/comments, I hope that this is the right place to post this.

So here goes, I will try and give you as much information and pics as possible :)

1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0 grow tent - situated in out side summer house
    600w HPS dual bulb
    6" extractor fan 24/7 with speed controller - good negative pressure in tent.
    4" intake fan 24/7
    Carbon filter
    Large standing oscillating fan 24/7
    Small floor oscillating 24/7
    Humidifier used in vegging stage only
    De-humidifier 24/7 in flowering stage - 37-46%
    25 litre container with mixed nutrient feed ph 6.8 a 6.9
    Digital ph meter
    2 x Big bomb white widow - left hand side of grow tent
    3 x Big bomb white widow - right hand side of grow tent 12/12 only
    Oscillating heater

Temp lights on 26c - 28c
    Temp lights off 20c - 21c if I turn up my heater then the lights on temp will hit 30c
    Humidity 37-46%
    Lights on at 2100hrs and off at 0900hrs.

Ok so I germinated 5 seeds and only 2 of these were female, after two weeks vegging 18/6 these did not look big enough to switch (being a newbie), so gave them another two weeks and then switched to 12/12, at the same time I could not resist germinating more and had three females so thought I would put these three straight into 12/12 to see how they get on.

As of the 19/4 my main two plants have been flowering from the 12/12 for 8 weeks and I'm surprised that these are not really showing a lot of trichomes as I have a microscope ready :) and I'm getting worried after all my hard work :( that there is a big problem.

I'm using bio buzz products and following their feeding schedule and take time to check ph of the tap water and let this stand for thee days and then use a syringe to measure the nutrients in a separate container and add these into my 25ltr container for ease of watering and to keep the temp of the water consistent.

I have to water every second day, and I check how dry the top two inches of soil and also lift the pots to make sure, and at the same time I rotate the pots to try and ensure that all branches get some light as there is not much space in there.

I really look forward to your reply.

Attached Files:

2. #2 noodz, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    Looking nice man, green and healthy. I would wait until more of the white hairs turn orange and start receding inwards towards the buds and then check the tichromes under a microscope.

3. #3 Penny wise, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
      Looks like you have about 3 weeks left on all of them except the first one with the large cola, that looks like it started Flowering before the rest. Make sure to flush with no nutes the final week. You also may be watering a bit too much. Even though the top 2" are dry, the best way to see that your plants need water is to wait until they start drooping. Starve them and they will grow better - even the difficult ones. Here is a couple reports on the White Widow - Perhaps they'll shed some insight for you:

--------------------------------------------
    Barney's Farm - White Widow
    ---------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

----------------------------------------------------
    Female seeds - White Widow report
    -----------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

---------------------------------
    TH Seeds - THC Bomb
    ---------------------------------

[​IMG]