FIRST TIME GROW - White Widow!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by AphexOriginal, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Oh and another thing, theyre fem seeds, what's a easy way to tell if they're hermi's?

2. switch to 12/12 they're going to almost double in size.

3. 12/12 while still vegging?

4. Hey been watching the grow good job and good luck.. gonna order 10 fem seeds within a few weeks so ill make a thread, hopefully i can get some much needed help and advice

5. When will you be able to harvest? (rough estimate) from the time you planted?

6. Switching your lighting schedule from whatever you've been using for veg i.e. 18/6 to 12/12 induces flowering, you make your plants flower by tricking them into thinking it is fall.

7. no 12/12 to start flowering and the "stretch"

8. Ya those plants are going to stretch and fill up that room, which means ur heat/fresh air problem is going to get worse if u dont address it before you switch. I woulda flipped em already, but its really just wasted veg time.

9. thats why i suggest flipping asap

10. I do 12/12 for the first week or 2 under the mh until they start showing signs of flower. The first 3 weeks of flower they do a lot of growth. After that they focus all the energy on bud developement so I keep the mh on them to get the most stretch during that period. The last week before harvest I also put them back under the mh.

11. you girls are looking nice, i have been scanning threads for close to two months now and i love how the more experienced growers on here are so quick to help and give advice and i really never see them being rude or judgemental. thanks GC

12. QFT, I have never had anyone come at me sideways on these forums, probable the most civil BB I've been on. Everyone tries to be helpful, even if it's occasionally misguided. :D

13. Im going to switch them to 12/12 today, once the sun goes down.

Set up the timer and everything.

Ill just go ahead and run the Mh for a week or two, depending on when they stop stretching! Then ill throw the Hps bulb in and hope for the best.

Im going to get some duct work, and a lil baby duct fan for now. Nothing like a vortex in a can (yet).

The picture was taken about 11 hours ago.

Attached Files:

14. Looking good and healthy from here.

15. Day One of Floweing Has Commenced!!​

Alright so yea, title says it all.

Just set the timer and did a bit of trimming, and cut some of the very bottom branches that were not getting any light and just whimpy....

Weird thing is, if i have the door open for a long period of time, all the grow spot start to twist over, its ONLY when i have the door open though, so im sure it has something to do with a rapid temperaute change.

Have the ballast set to 75% with the Mh still, just waiting for my duct stuff so i can get some real ventilation in there.

So yes!

Help, advice, tips always wanted! :smoking:

16. So I have a little baby ceiling fan in the bathroom already, just one for when its super steamy I guess. Im thinkng about just getting some 6' duct tubes and hooking it up to there as my exhaust, ill be also getting just a little dinky 6' duct fan, with a carbon filter!

Inside there is a plastic panel that opens when the fan is on, so i broke that and thats what that black hole is.

Let me know if this should work, or if i should start looking for another alternative!

Attached Files:

17. rapid temp change, or a mean change in pressure. but even with a backdraft, airs moving, so it shouldnt be a problem. only time it would be a issue if is the air doesnt move for some reason in there, like if the fan cancels out the amount of air coming in the room with door open.

i grew one plant in my basement which has a backdraft, and it did fine

18. can someone answer please

19. What is your question?

20. What question?