FIRST TIME GROW - White Widow!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by AphexOriginal, Dec 13, 2012.

1. I would go with nothing less then a 400 but would look at 600 or 1000. You're guna upgrade eventually anyways. 600 would do wonders, but 400 isn't bad and would cover a bit of area and isn't to hot.

2. Not sure what you mean. To run a 600watt bulb you need a 600watt ballist. But most ballists nowadays are going to be switchable mh/hps. My 400watt is not, but its like 3 years old. Its mh only so I use it for baby clones. Its also attached so you got to carry the ballist and reflector together. But my 4 other lights are all 1000 watt flipable ballists. If you want 4 nice plants id go for 600 or 1000 with a nice sized reflector

3. Oh alright I get it now haha, yea ill most likley just get a universal 600w and then just roll with those for a while.

Where would I be able to find a cheap ballast that won't fuck off on me? Like eBay most likley huh....

4. You can find a solid flippable ballist for 100 bucks anywhere.

5. Im going to be puting an update up tomorrow!!!
    Ive been STUPID BUSY!

6. Water when the soil is completely dry. Stick your finger in the soil about 2-3 inches to test. When you do water, try about 3/4 of a gallon at first and see if it drains. I usually just water until i see it draining. Water as little as possible, only when ur plant looks thirsty, but when you do water thoroughly soak it.

7. -_-_-_-_-_-_-UPDATE #4-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Alright sorry I havnt been on the forums at all, been super busy.... Got a concussion snowboarding and just bullshit.... BUT!

I got them transplanted!!!!! yay!

Each in 5 gallon bags, with HAPPY FROG soil, then used some of my ocean floor I had left to level it out.

They look a little stretched, to me, i had the like about like 12 inches away, its the same 125W CFL, but i moved it a lot closer, so hopefully they will stay.

One problem im having is its cold as fuck on my floor, what can i do to raise the temps of the soil like get heating tape on the floor or electric blankets or what? I know once i get my Halide light running it will heat up, but i was also thinking of getting like a $20 Humidfier, and throwing it in there for heat and humidity purposes. Let me know what you guys think.

Im going to grab some Florgrow/bloom General Hydroponics neuts and start feeding them as soon as I get the neuts.

Im also going to just buy this whole grow start kit
    Apollo 600W 600 Watt HPS MH Grow Light System Set Kit Dimmable Digital Ballast | eBay
    Semms legit, been looking into Apollo and they have some good reviews.

Let me know if you guys got some questions, or anything
    always taking advice!

Attached Files:

8. i wouldnt feed nutes too strong, that soil has more than enough vs the average feeding schedule

they look very pretty, and i dont notice any unusual stretching

luckily concussions heal well, more than most of the time. go easy with loud sounds, bright lights (even the pc) anything that makes your eyes feel like theyre straining for a little while.

be easy

9. Haha yea my heads all good now but damn it sucked :/

I was going to just do hlaf neuts and see how they react for a week or so to make sure they dont get burnt or anything

10. ok good luck how old total in those photos?

thats also a really good price for that rig

11. 26 days old, and yea im going to pick that thing up right when i get paid!

12. You could use some old age product or roots organic or even advanced nuets mother earths super tea grow. Even a cup of happy frog lean casine fert on top of the soil. All are pretty basic and organic. For flower you could use happy frog fruits and flower ferts, mother earths super tea bloom or any of the bloom stuff from old age, unstrapped molasis. You're soil will take you pretty far. I would have just added a little more ewc, perlite, alfafa meal and kelp meal.

13. ------------------UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!---------------​

Alright, so!

BIG CHANGES!

Got my lights, ballast and new shit!

Already noticing a difference with this 600W Mh light.

Topped all of them about 5 days ago, I believe.

One problem i'm having right now, would be that I have to have my ballast set to 75% due to inproper ventilation, so it just cooks inside there.

Trimmed the lower fan leaves and tiny branches and growths.

Put a fan inside, aimed at the bulb itself.

One weird thing I noticed today when I was watering and taking pictures, a lot of the coala's (whatever they're called) turned over, the bottoms of the leaves were showing just as in the last picture posted.

I have no idea what this is due to, maybe a fast change in temperature or something, but it only happened when I the door open and watering.

Other than that, I can't recal any other problems i've run into.

Always looking for advice, tips, and other information that can help! :smoking:

Attached Files:

14. Why not get a fan from the hydro shop? I got my 8 inch fan for 120 dollars it blows just under 800 cfm. Its like a tornado in that room. My door gets blown shut. You would be fine with even just a 4 incher to get some nice air flow in there. That would help a lot with the temps if you could afford it.

15. thats probable heat stress.

where did you buy the hid? you will need proper ventilation to use it. a better investment would have been some flourescent ballasts, and then you could swap vegging and flowering bulbs, becuase a mh is not that good for flowering.

looks like the one off amazon. luckily, they have great return policy

if you can turn the lamp to 50%, do that. youll still have 300 watts, which is plenty

plants look good for ~40 days old. when you gonna switch to flower?

16. Well I bought a whole package, came with a 600w flipable dimable ballast, a 600w mh, a 600w hps, a timer, reflector, and some role ratchets for like $160
    I have everything except ventilation, I have a bathroom fan that ill use some duct work to connect everything from the shower so that hot ass air can escape.

As for flowering, I'm not quite sure yet... They havnt shown any white hairs or anything yet.... Or pollen sacs so I'm just waiting....

That's the one thing I'm not exactly sure about is WHEN to actually put them into flowering state, so any help I would appreciate it a lot :)

17. you can switch to flowering now, you cant tell which are males and which are females until 1-2weeks after starting flowering.

18. Oh alright, I think ill keep them begging for the rest of the week, switch the timer on to 18/6 and then once I switch to the hps, change it to 12/12.
    Is it easier to do the 12/12 to match the sun? So if they're are any light leaks it won't affect them cause if its day the light will be on, and when its dark outside the light will be off.