FIRST TIME GROW - White Widow!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by AphexOriginal, Dec 13, 2012.

1. This you're first grow? I'm pretty sure you will need more light for 4 5 gallon buckets. I used a small reflector and 1 1000 watt hps bulb and had troubles pumpin enough light for 4 5 gal buckets in my closet with that setup.

2. Yea, right now I have my 125w T5, with a reflector, but I also have 4, 250w Mh lights that should be coming into my work sometime soon, so I get them for FREEEEEE

If I'm going to need more, what do you think I should do for veg and flower, light wise?

3. I like 600 watters for flower and 1000 for veg. But you should be fine with the 4 lights. Just keep em close to the plant. Lower it until it feels warm on the back of your hand

4. hi mate, those little seedlings look great. I'll be watching this thread intently as I just dropped 10 white widow seeds about 20 minutes ago and will also have them under a 125w CFL. I'll be growing them to maturity under 125w cfls so I'll be very interested in the difference your bigger lights make

5. Haha DAMNIT now that means I need to go out and get light holders, whatever they're called, can't think of the name! And extension cords....
    I'm just worried that if I have all these lights it will dry the shit out my soil and plants! I still have yet to even down the soil, I'm only spraying the top soil and the sprouts, and like over spraying it so some water can get a little deeper, I'm not sure when I should start attack these things with water though.

6. Oh hell yeah! Ill go ahead a sub to your thread once I get home, and yea it will be a little experiment between our grows haha

7. FIXTURES! That's what it is....
    Anyway I forgot to ask, do I need a ballist if I run those 4 lights?

8. I have nine White Widow plants 4 weeks into veg. Great strain. I have a 1K watt slammed down onto my plants without anything ill effects. Just have to watch things close. Good luck, there's a couple of WW grows going on now.

9. What kind of 1000w? A Mh or a T5?

10. MH, I'll soon add a 600 watt HPS. My grow is the third of my signature.

11. Shit look real nice!
    Do you usually run a full spectrum on all your grows?

12. I start with one 600watt MH dimmed & slowly ramp up to 1K . I don't dual bulb until I need another light. My MH bulbs are china crap, so that's another reason to switch, my hps are hortilux. I need to buy better MH bulbs next grow. Right now I can fit 9 plants under my big 1K hood, but not for much longer. I have only one 4x7 room, so I try to get the most out of each single crop. I can't perp.

13. Once I get my 250W Mh lights in ill switch them with the T5, hopefully they will show a bit better growth with a better light!

14. Do you got access to a hydro shop?

15. Looks good. I like pineapples

16. Yea there is a fat Ass grown warehouse pretty much, they got any thing you'll ever need!

17. You should try the organic route. They should have some quality ferts you could add in the soil and top feed with as well as bags of things like bat guano bone meal blood meal and worm castings. It does wonders to the yield and quality of the plant. And ph testing etc would be a thing of the past. I'm new to this method of growing but my yield etc has jumped crazy. And eventually upgrade past the 250 watt. Would work great in veg but as you're plants grow it won't penetrate down far enough so you will have to keep em short and bushy until you get more power. Look into lst topping and all of that. Will work great with you're setup until you can grow 4plus footers and have a light strong enough to hit the bottom.

18. My bad been super busy, I've been looking into the organic way and it seems easy enough so I actually might,I just don't know what ratio to mix everything.

I'll post a update someone tonight with some pics!

19. ----------------------------UPDATE #2---------------------------------------​

Whats up guys, sorry havnt been able to update or post any pics at all, super busy with work!

So these 4 are growing up prettry quick, as of 11 days of planting, the 2 are growing pretty bushy already, As for the RUNT, not sure what i can do for her, except LOVE HER!

As you can probably see in some of the pictures, they look all twisted and wrinkled on some of the leaves, im not sure if thats just because of the heat in the shower ( I dont have a fan inside it yet -___- ) Or because of the lack of water, ive been watering them every 2 days, and soaking the soil till a bit of it leaks out of the bottom, so im sure its just the heat. LET ME KNOW THOUGH!

As for the weird brown spot on one, i left my spray bottle inside the shower, and sprayed them a couple time and passed out, when i was going to water them.... Anyway, i checked them in the morning and the plant had a weird spot on it, i checked the spray bottle, and it was really cloudy and had some gross floaties in it and shit, so i instantly dumped it and put new water in it. I hope that spot is just from the gross ass water and nothing major.

Let me know if you guys have any advice, tips, or questions! PLEASE! :D

Attached Files: