First time grow when should I harvest?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Rhino87420, Nov 11, 2014.

1. I planted her in August but don't know when to harvest her. I'm getting too anxious lol!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415730367.055615.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415730380.344758.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. How long ago did you flip to 12/12 ? Looks like it just started to really get flowering.

3. 78%red hairs an all cylax have swelld up

mango420s

4. I started 12/12 the first of last month

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

5. 6 weeksish

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I have the same problem except mine is a lot more ripe I still have a couple of weeks is this a bag seed? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415756614.980007.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415756646.045969.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415756673.626575.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum
    You still have sorry typo I have maybe a week

7. Mine were planted August 4th

8. Ode say if u don't have a microscope wait until most of the hairs have turned brown nd shribbled up and receded back into the calyx

9. You have a long way to go, also it looks overwatered, how often are you watering them and how muh are you watering them. Also what size pot are they in

10. Looking at your pics again I'm 99.9% sure your overwatering. Your leaves shouldn't be droopy like that at all they should be nice and perky

11. Water only when u see the top of the soil getting dry

12. #12 Veeners5, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014
    Imo, when the top of the soil gets dry, the middle and bottom areas are still moist. Let them be for a few days until you know they are dry throughout and then pick up the pot and get a feel for how heavy it is, or isnt. Then do the same right after you water. Having a short dry period is crucial for the roots continued growth. If the middle of your pot is always moist then the roots have no need to go searching for new water and hence far less growth. Also, imho, more frquent small feedings are better than less frquent large feedings. Binge feeding seems to have fewer benefits than some would think.

As far as harvesting goes, spend the $20 and get a pocket scope from radio shack. Otherwise the previously stated method of watching for pistils to turn red/brown is a decent method. Most MJ strains go for at least 6-8 weeks anyway so you a while yet man.

13. If you water when the top of your soil is dry you will overwater your plants everytime and by looking at your pictures I can tell your plants are overwatered as well let your pot dry out until it feels EXTREMELY light. You'll be suprised when u pick it up and it feels empty. Then water her. Your leaves shouldn't be droopy like that. If your stems are stiff and the leaves are droopy your overwatering. If the stem and leaves hang downward your underwatering.

14. #14 Grade A, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415806055.458675.jpg

Notice the difference in the leaves in this picture and yours?

15. That's what I have been doing

16. Yea I do actually

17. How can that be if in that picture that plant hasn't been watered for 3 days

18. That's how your leaves should look. I would give them a couple more days then you usually do to dry out. If you have been watering every 2 days wait 4. Especially with cfls as I doubt they dry out the soil as quickly as mh and hps does.

19. Yea def don't suck up as much as hids I have a question for u grade a

20. You are supposed to start your cure once the outside of the buds feel dry enough and the stem has just a little bit of moisture in it so that it won't completely snap right? So once u put them into the jars how do you know when to burp them and for how long and how often . From what I've been researching your supposed to do it every 12 hours? Idk this is just very fucking confusing to me I have watched every video on curing nd I still feel like something missing