first time grow under LED plants are small are they alright?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by logiebear, Jan 6, 2021.

1. sorry for long title didnt know what to write iv been growing 2 plants under a LED full spectrum 300 watt pulling 120 watts in a small tent that has the light hanging as recommended by the brand for this light

with a desk fan blowing fresh air in and a another industrial mini fan at the top expelling the air out a window
    with another two cpu fans in the light itself

growing in a homemix of soil from bunnings thats been really great
    while feeding thrive all purpose for first 5 weeks and just switched over to thrive fruit and flowering while mixing in seasol seeweed i couldent get ahold of any till just two days ago

im just hoping for some clarification about if there doing okay health wish on the 2nd week i accidental overfeed them and sprayed it with daisy head extract for the thrips but forgot to wash it off before my lights switched on 18/6 hours and burned them badly so i flushed within the first four hours of overfeeding but im worried i stunted my girls
    now there at 5 weeks IMG_20210106_135239.jpg IMG_20210106_135235.jpg IMG_20210104_190058.jpg IMG_20210106_135227.jpg the one in the fabric is a autoflowering fem super skunk had it in LST as low as possible cuz its a very small tent and
    the one in the normal pot is white strawberry skunk photoperiod any help would be greatly apriciated this is my first post on any forum site

2. I'm growing under a 1200w LED And have the same problem. I believe it's because your light is not a true 300w, it all comes down to what it's plugged into and the wattage rating for the outlet/cord. I recommend getting a cheap 1000 watt light or an industrial strength extension cord. And you probably did stunt them so avoid nutes for 2 weeks to a month and just do water till they show signs of recovery. How far away is the light because u should move it closer if it's more than 24inches.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

3. they seem a little small. I would suspect they could use a little more light or warmer temps. I'm not a fan of those purple style leds lights. I'd personally add a few cheap led bulbs with the domes removed.

4. Not full spectrum that's 2 spectrums maybe 3. Good luck. Next time you want to grow you'll know find something that works. Find one of the many growers on here and just ask hey what could work. Cheepist your looking at is about $100 might be able to get sum used hps equipment for cheep but the thing is it all has its own lessons to learn. Big powerful lights mean lots of heat. Try a mars hydro or spider farmer. That's as cheep as I would go

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. They look pretty good considering they've been over fed, over watered, stressed, and sprayed. I wouldn't go blaming the light. Lay off the water and training a bit and let her grow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Just relax, take a deep breath, play some Bob Marley and tell em your sorry.

7. They're alive. And I've seen worse. Far worse.

Your soil mix looks extremely heavy. No aeration whatsoever that I can see. I would add 30% aeration to that soil next time.

Cut back on watering frequency. To like once maybe twice a week light waters.