First time grow. Tips and pointers appreciated.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NCEmeraldBud, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Okay, this is my first grow. I started these babies in a grow tent I purchased but became paranoid and sketched so I unplugged the setup and placed these pups in the window sill its probably been about two weeks roughly. They are still alive so Im happy Im goi g to wait a few more weeks and then move them To an area I scouted outside. A few of there leaves are yellowed. Tips anyone?

Attached Files:

2. Move them to a bigger pot asap.
    Leaves look like they are burning. Too hot or are you misting them during the day?
    If its just yellowing then there could be a few things but move them to soil and see if they improve first.

3. yeah you need soil and light.. and if your paranoid about your tent then you may aswell toss those girls in the garbage.. they're starving and all your doing by watering them in prolonging death

4. They started to burn right before I took them out of the tent. I dint mist them. I have some solo cups to put them in I will put them in there and see how they do for now. Thanks for the help.

5. yeah mine were in solo cups about 1 or more weeks before your girls... they're real root bound and maybe even pH.. what are you watering with? do you have drainage holes?

6. Okay I just put them in solo cups and placed them back in the window sill. It is cloudy and rainy today so thats why the light doesnt look strong. They get great sunlight all day because the sun is on This side of the house all day. I got up one day and observed how the light hit and came through the window so I would know if its an okay spot.

Attached Files:

7. you did a nice job covering up the bottom half of the stem of these guys but no matter what if you don't give them more light they're gonna keep stretching on you and soon enough that solo cup will be the same stage as you were just in

8. thats nute burn, for seedlings you need soil that isnt so strongly fertilized. the innitial container size wasnt a problem and if youve used the same soil again then its not fixed. its true that they want more light, but thats not whats killing them.

9. It seems that mother nature is working against me its been cloudy for three days now which does not happen often here. I dont know what exactly to do for them. I dont want to be moving back and forth from artificial light to actual sunlight because I dont want to shock them. What should I do?

10. transplant into good soil.