First time grow, stealth dresser

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by dano5478, Jan 1, 2013.

1. #1 dano5478, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2013
    This is my first post, take it easy on me plz.

This is my dresser, that has been converted to a stealth micro grow. my idea behind this was to create a grow for little to no cost (aside from lights of course). In total, (again, w/o lights) I have spent a total of about 15 dollars! I have impressed myself with my own ingenuity.

leaving humidity out of it(for now), I have had optimal conditions on test runs.

76 degrees - regulated by a temperature control board with 2 old computer fans(spliced to old dc chargers). the fans are rated for up to 45cfm each, its been doing well enough)

Using old wash cloths to seal light in(please dont flame me for the cloth at the top right and in between the top two and bottom two drawers, this is not the finished product) , I have since covered the ghetto rig look with an emergency blanket. anyway, enough rambling, here's the pictures.

Attached Files:

2. Looks good. I'm along for the ride.

3. what kind of fan seystem are you using and is that a 150 hps by chance but i am interested in this setup its similar to mine

4. Very nice but whats the actual dimensions...?

5. Awesome, love the cab. I'll be enjoying this thread as well :)

6. Yeah dude, this looks sweet. How many watts is your light?

7. It IS a 150w hps, sadly, they don't make a metal halide for that ballast, so I will be storing the hps till harvest

8. @vos the true dimensions of the inside are 3x2x1

9. I think u should just use the 150 hps it would do better then trying to switch out low wattage hid between veg and flower and if ur conserned about stretch just put in a couple 45 watt blue spectrum cfls to counter the red a bit hope that helps a little

10. I'm planning to start a grow similar to this soon and have been considering 150w hps. It'll be awesome to see how this goes. Thanks for your effort dude

11. I'm Growing in a cab exactly like this,using cfl's and just introduced a led grow panel, your two biggest problems will be heat since the volume of a cab heats up easily no matter what light you use, air circulation is your only counter get the air out as fast as possible, you can expect to encounter your next problem about a month in.which will be space! It's never enough, so you will most likely put that hps in another cab or closet to bud your plants in something with a bit more height and a carbon filter set up.

12. [quote name='"dano5478"']This is my first post, take it easy on me plz.

This is my dresser, that has been converted to a stealth micro grow. my idea behind this was to create a grow for little to no cost (aside from lights of course). In total, (again, w/o lights) I have spent a total of about 15 dollars! I have impressed myself with my own ingenuity.

leaving humidity out of it(for now), I have had optimal conditions on test runs.

76 degrees - regulated by a temperature control board with 2 old computer fans(spliced to old dc chargers). the fans are rated for up to 45cfm each, its been doing well enough)

Using old wash cloths to seal light in(please dont flame me for the cloth at the top right and in between the top two and bottom two drawers, this is not the finished product) , I have since covered the ghetto rig look with an emergency blanket. anyway, enough rambling, here's the pictures.[/quote]

I found the adsact same cab last night and plan on doing the same