First Time Grow Set Up

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Techmunchies, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Hey so I finally made the jump and decided to grow my own! I was hoping to get some feedback on the setup and plants I have. I've attached a video that shows the plants and should answer most questions about the setup. Thanks for any feedback!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAyMm_Uws5s]Close Up of the Clones - YouTube[/ame]

2. I use the same size tents. Love em. Does that light have it's own heat exhaust system? How are the temps? Also, you have an intake fan and an exhaust fan? Cool, but you don't need the intake fan because the exhaust fan will create negative pressure inside the tent pulling fresh air in and odor out! Speaking of odor, where are you exhausting the tent air and are you using a carbon scrubber or something?

That one plant looks like it's getting it's ass kicked by that fan :laughing: hook her up and oscillate that fan, but the tent set up is looking good and so do the plants.

3. The light unfortunatly does not have it's own, there are two 6" vent ports at the top of the tent, one is pulling out air and one is blowing in fresh cool air.

The temp around the plants seems to stay at about 81-83 degrees and I'm not sure what else I could do to get it down into the high 70's besides getting a whole new air cooled reflector. That's why I have the intake fan too, to try and keep the tent cooler, how do you manage the temperature?

Yea I noticed that the circulation fan I have kinda sucks but I'm stuck with it until I can get a new one :rolleyes:

I am growing in the third story of an apartment building so I just exhaust right out the window and assume it's not gonna bother anyone :smoke: I have a cannabis card so it's all legal and legit too

4. You can remove that intake fan. There's no need for it with a proper exhaust & a tent with negative pressure, ie the tent walls get sucked in a bit. But for the future, an intake fan usually goes on the bottom, close to the floor. The odor is always an issue, but being you are on the 3rd, well that's the best floor to be on if you wanna flower but looking into a Can Filter, or make your own home made DIY carbon filter is totally doable too, depending on what kink of exhaust you are using. What kind of exhaust fan are you using?

Fans for the plants, I use small oscillating clip on fans in my tent, one for each side. I got em from Amazon.com