First time grow questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ellipticsix, Jan 6, 2013.

1. perfect imo.

2. thats what I use for production plants...5gal for mothers only because moving them can be a pain.

3. I am thinking that I should veg them for a few weeks before switching them into flower. I dont have so much of a hight restraints being as I am using the tent above which gives me 6' high so even if I let them veg until 2' I shouldnt see them getting that tall. I am just curious how long you think it will take to get them to 2' lol

4. 4-6wks but there are a lot of variables like nutes,temps,humidity,light schedule,etc.

5. That is true. I have the lights set on a timer right now at 18/6 and a 0/3 watering sched... I do one day nutes one day water one day dry out. Right now I am running about half the recommended use for nutes because of the size of my plants. Dont want to nute burn them. I will be increasing the nutes over the next week or two until I feel comfortable giving them the full amount advised. I think I will just run these 4 plants into flower before I buy anything else and add to the set up. After these girl are ready for harvest I think I will go get another 250W 6700k and hood. With that and the 8 small 23w CFL's i have around the base I am thinking I should be able to grow at least 8 plants in the next run. I know that they say a min you want is about 50w per plant with 100w being more ideal. I am trying to get the max I can for the space I have but that wont be for at least a couple of months.

6. Its good to be patient..I wasnt when I started and really messed up some good plants.I water every 5days or until my meter says the soil is dry,then I water until I get 10% runoff out the bottom.I add nutes every third watering or 15days all organic nutes.This works for my setup.

7. Yeah. That is kinda what I am doing but I dont have a meter to tell me how moist the soil is. I am thinking that I should get one but I am not 100% sure if I want to get one. I kind of like the idea of being able to feel the pots and looking at my plants to know if they are in need of water and nutes. Just call me old fashion I guess lol

8. I have been checking on the ladies all day until midnight when my timer shuts off the light. I am having problems finding any real info on the JTR strain such as how long I should veg it and the average flowering time. If anyone has info or a link please let me know. Thanks

9. Vege until its around 2 thirds of the size you want it to be when finished/ready for harvest.

10. That is good advice. I think I will just veg them until they are 1.5' tall. If they continue to grow at the rate they have been for the last week then I should be looking at 4-5 weeks of veg and then into flower.

11. IMO - indicas dont grow much when they're switched to 12-12 - they just bud up.

Sativas grow quite a lot - I think this is the primary cause for sativa taking so long to finish - they just take longer to start to flower - i guess its because they assume they're equatorial - and have plenty of time to produce buds.

I actually wrote a thread on it about a week ago but no-one replied.

This is my second video log - I have a super cheese plant which i've kept very short indeed.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdLQVLcFgUQ[/ame]

12. I just hope that its not going to take to long for me to be able to get these girls into flower.

13. I am having a bit of difficulty trying to keep the temp in the tent high enough. Can I use a heating pad that I would normally use for my back and if so where do I put it? I would think under the plants but I would worry that the soil would take up most of the heat.