First time grow questions.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by paintballmyst, Apr 22, 2012.

1. #1 paintballmyst, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2012
    I would like to know the best soil to use and a light for 1-2 plants max. I found a 125 watt HPS lamp fixture on Amazon I want to put in a grow tent i'm looking at.

As well does anyone recommend a timer?

I plan to buy 5 feminized northern lights seeds since someone recommended an autoflowering strain. They said adjust light to 12/12 and you will be good. Any comments to that?

And I want to use a couple 3 or 5 gallon pots, what ever is cheaper.

2. Size of pot is determined by how big you want your plants to get when finished. Its reccomended 1 gallon of pot size for each 1 foot. There are alot of different brands of timers, I prefer Intermatic brand, their more pricey but have yet have one fail. If you keep the plants small then a 125 should be fine but for two plants I would look into a higher wattage light and in a tent you need to consider heat, you`l need a fan to pull fresh air in and vent hot air out up high then you also got to learn about how to maintain a plants PH levels. That would require a digital PH meter, some calibration solution and some PH Up & Down solutions. Also consider where your gonna put the tent and the ambient temperatures in the room where the tent is will help determine how well you can maintain the temps inside the tent and if smell will be an issue you may want to look into a carbon filter.

3. #3 paintballmyst, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2012
    Thanks for the timer recommendation, and I don't want the plants to be too large, so I will look into a 1 gallon pot, since how much I yield isn't too much of an issue to me. Just want something to smoke instead of having to pay outrageous prices.

As for the fans, I plan on using an extra PC fan I have a converter for to pull air in so it doesn't make too much noise. And one that oscelates (sp?) to help temps.

4. Also, autoflowers are called autoflowers because no matter what light schedule, it still flowers.

The idea is to have the lights on a lot longer than normal photoperiod plants to get more flower growth.

So don't do 12/12 if you have an autoflower....

5. So then 24 hours till harvest except as seedling correct?

And Nirvana lists them as Autoflower but northern lights is autoflower correct? And why are there prices so good? Other shops I see just 1 seed is 30 or more euros....