first time grow. need info/help (pics)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zxcvbqm, Jul 2, 2013.

1. First real grow organic soil no fertilizer used. the plant is a bag seed of some kush. any comments on the plant? its roughly 1 month from seed. also attached the pic where i got the seed 

sorry for shit pics. phone cam.

Attached Files:

2. You may need another seed,...should this be a male!! either way keep as much light on it as you dare, keep temps at 75F, as is now 1 month old reduce light to 12 hours per day for 2 weeks to define sex, once you got the female, continue at 12 hours for 2 months,...good luck

3. this is just an experiment. I just want to see how far will a bag seed last outdoors with minimal attention. keep in mind i live in the tropics. asia. just letting mother nature do her thing. ill eventually have to feed her when she shows signs of nute def. 

4. That will probably be soon. Usually a plant will eat through all of the Nitrogen in the potting soil within 4 to 6 weeks. She already looks a pale light green but that might be the color balance of the camera. Read about organic compost teas made from Earth Worm Castings and/or Guano if you want to get into organic growing.

For just putting a seed in soil and letting mother nature do her thing it looks pretty good so far.

5. #5 Julius Caesar, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2013
    Oh yeah, one more thing. Keep in mind that the plant you are growing is only 50% of the genetics of the bud you took it from. It also has 50% genetics from the male plant that pollenated it. I just wanted you to keep your expectations in check and not wonder why the plant you grew is not as good - or possibly better than - the original bud you smoked.

6. Thanks!  I was under the impression that it would be the same quality as the bud I got the seed from. I'll update with pics tomorrow of her progress. she showed new growth and growing rapidly! I just hope shes not a male plant! if the lone plant turns out to be female I will continue with her until harvest just so I get the feel of the whole flowering, trimming, drying curing etc. if the lone plant is a male I will start a new grow but this time with proper genetics and a proper outdoor grow journal here on GC. I want to try to grow indica dominant strains in the tropics. since most of the strains available locally in my country are sativa shit genetics haha Its funny though because imported strains have been entering the country recently. its like a big wave of good kush going round. pretty pricey too $30/g crazy. 

7. Most of us wish we could grow Sativa outdoors. You're lucky you live in a tropical region. I guess Indica would grow fine as well.

$30 gram is almost freaking cocaine prices. F that shit.

8. #8 zxcvbqm, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2013
    i prefer the sedated feeling from indica dominant plants. yeah its right up there with the mid grade coke. you can get certain strains but the cost is double. 40-50/g for blue dream,gods gift,headband etc.

dont get me wrong i like sativa strains also but the genetics that are locally grown are more like brick weed. Local growers also in my country have little knowledge of proper growing. (pulling of males, drying curing when to harvest etc.)

9. new growth. still no nutes. palish green due to shit camera. shes now on her 8th node!

Attached Files:

10. decided to  top her yesterday. this is her today. did i top her correctly? also I am starting to notice in between her nodes where the branches meet there seems to be growth (shoots perhaps?) im still not feeding anything. normal rain water.

Attached Files:

11. Its probably ready for some nutrients. It is looking a pale green, although without knowing the exact strain that might be normal.

12. pale green due to my crappy camera. will take decent pics on next update. also will take pics of said growth on the inner nodes where the branches meet. i also noticed a amber brownish color on the toped area. is that normal?

13. #13 zxcvbqm, Jul 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2013
    are these shoots? balls? hairs? lol

Attached Files:

any better? shoots? balls?hairs? lol sorry still don't have any decent cam. phone cam has no macro. 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. #16 Julius Caesar, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2013
    It is probably too early to tell because the nodes are not alternating yet.

16. thanks for the quick response!

17. #18 Julius Caesar, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2013
    When your nodes start alternating like the photo below it is sexually mature. It can take up to 60 days from seed.

[​IMG]

18. #19 zxcvbqm, Jul 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2013
    You are 100% correct. it was actually shoots. here are the current pics of the lone plant. btw i topped the plant a few days ago.

i reallly appreciate your input. You've helped out a complete noob haha thanks man! btw i took your advice and decided not to let her suffer and feed her. i think she looks greener now and happy :)

Attached Files:

19. small update. shoots are growing rapidly. you can see where i topped the plant on the pic. will update tom when i LST the plant. would it be fine to LST even if i have 7 nodes already? ive read here that usually u should start with 3-4 nodes.

Attached Files: