First time grow - leaf browning issues

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ogmogojones, Nov 14, 2018.

1. I'm a first time hydroponics grower and I'm having issues with my plants rusting and yellowing (see attached). I am in week 2 of vegetative stage, started with clones, and am using a kind LED light positioned 18" above the plants.

I had been using Lotus nutrients recommend schedule but I suspect I used too much nutrient. I also notice the ph swings more with Lotus so I moved to current culture.

I would love any suggestions on how to fix this issue.

Attached Files:

2. Need a picture of the whole plant to know what’s going on, not just the leaves you’ve removed or have fallen off.

At a cursory glance though it looks like those are all older leaves probably from the bottom of the plant, right?

My New Grow

3. Marcg420-

Thank you so much for your response. The leaves are a mixture of both top of plant and bottom. The rusty ones from the top, the yellow from the bottom.

Here are some pictures of the plants I'm currently using a Supercloset Superlocker 3.0 but going to move the plants into a 5x5 tent soon (still getting setup).

Attached Files:

4. sounds/looks like Nitrogen and Calcium deficiencies,
    is your res staying consistent, both pH and EC.?

5. You sure? Doesn’t look like nitrogen def to me. You see the leaves? See the interveinal chlorosis? N def is more a general yellowing. The leaves still on the plant do look like calcium def but the ones off don’t.

Could be wrong of course.

My New Grow

6. no, i m not sure.! lol
    I can't really see the leaf pics, and the plants have been stripped of some problem leaves, sooo.....?????

this is probably a res issue.... pH, EC, temp, aeration.......??????

probably time to drain, clean, and refill the res.!!!

7. You’re probably right about it being a res issue I don’t know much about hydro.

My New Grow

8. Thanks so much for the reply.

I think you are right and I think the Bloom nutrients weren't working for me. Cleaned and drained and switched to current culture.

I think the plants may also have been too cold, the ph was moving about a lot as well.

I'll keep you posted and take more pictures in a few days.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I think you are right on the calcium and the res not consistent. Getting it dialed in

Thanks again for the response.