first time grow...just for fun... take a look and let me know how it looks

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Panther, Aug 18, 2004.

1. here is my plant so far. let me know how it looks, good or bad. Any suggestions would be greatly apprieciated.

Attached Files:

2. and one more picture from a top view

Attached Files:

3. it needs more light. what light is it under?

4. It looks a bit nitrogen deprived. But maybe that's just the lights.

5. like I said this is my first time doing this and don't have a clue. Its currently under a sylvania spot grow 65 watt bulb. If someone could shoot me some pointers that'd be great.

6. it looks lanky. add a small fan on low to blow on it back and forth thatll make the stems much more stronger. also your gonna want to save about 150$ get a 150 watt ballast a 150 watt hps light and a 150 watt metel halide light the balast is gonna cost about 70 and each light 20 then youll want seeds so if you know a dealer or a friend they can give ya some otherwise look for bagseeds( my buddys sell seeds for 1.00 each if they get a big seeded batch) so if you can buy some thats sorta what youll have to do.

looks like a nice plant exept for those few problems get that stuff up and ready and then youll be set to grow 2 full plants also remember that you can have the same 2 plants your whole life just when cutting the bud off only cut the lil stems the bud grows off and not the plants main stems or leaves then put that metel halide light on her and you can revegitate

when i started out there really is unlimited info out there and no one will ever stop learning. even if this grow doesnt work out for you( they dont always do) atleast youll have learned somthing and can progress towards growing a better plant. gl man

7. where can I get all these lights and stuff? I really don't know what I'm getting so if you could be specific that would be great. Also why do my bottom leaves keep falling off. I mean I know that at first the very bottom set are gonna fall so that more air can get around the plant but they keep falling. As you can see in the picture there is alot of room at the bottom of the plant.

8. will the 150 watt bulb screw directly into the ballast or is there something i'm going to have to purchase to make them work together? Sorry again i'm really new at all of this.

9. you are loosing your bottom leaves due to a lack of nitrogen i would say looking at the colour of your plant.........if you realy want to continue with your new hobby imafraid you are going to do alot of reading on the subject.....laters jay

10. Loose the spot grow bulb, and get a CFL or FLuoro. Anything incandesint is bad, same go's with hallogen, baaaaad.

11. what can I do about this nitrogen problem I seem to be having. the HPS ballast and light are ordered and on the way so I guess what I'm really trying to figure out is how to make the plant grow the best and produce the most for me.

12. sup and welcome to the grower section...

aight first is first... plant is streching to much.. run down to a hardware store, and get your self a CFL screw bulbs, or the long tubes with the sockets for it..

keep these lights just inches away, from the top of the plant...

if u havent transplant the plant to a 5 gallon do so.. try to cover much stem as u can with the soil.....

get a fan on it. put it on low.... as said before...

Start feeding it, i suggest u go to a garden store, and look for a equal number fert, for example (10-10-10)....

u will also like to grab a fert that says super bloom so u wont have to run down the store later on.... u wont use these fert untill u hit flowerings.... u can get one with the number 10-60-10....

make sure it can get all the light it can get... soon it should start bushing out, and u can look foward into topping, fimming or training... these help the plant stay short, and bushy..... do search, and read the guides in vatoloco stick in these forum... that will get u understanding the basic....latezz...

Ps.. is that white hair i see on the top of your plant...?...

13. I have a HPS 150 watt ballast and bulb on its way for the plant. Should I still go to the hardware store and get that cfw bulb that your talking about? I'm currently using superthrive on my plant. Are the other fertilizers your talking about good to use with this? Yeah it does look like white hair at the top of the plant. I'm not sure what type it is though. The seed came from a friend and I'm sure it was just something that he picked out of a bag that he grabbed.

14. white hair doesntmake the strain it means its a female. congratulation!!!!

males are not really of any use since their thc lvl is low! but you still can make hash or brownies with it! but since you got a female you dont have to worry about it youll have nice smokable buds!

you dont really need the fluros now since you got the hps light coming over and your plant seem to start flowering so youll be fine!!
    fluros are good for vegetative stage so if you decide to grow again it will be good if you get some since your hps light might burn the babies!!

if you really want us to help you out you might wanna give us some more information like:

-- How old is the plant?
    --What kind of soil?
    --Have you fert it?
    --Light cycle?

we need to have a better idea of whats been done so far

and READ!! thats the key!!

15. ok heres the backround for you guys. the plant is actually about 3 months old, which after reading on here seems to be a long time for how small it still looks. The light that we have been using probably is playing a big part with that though. the soil is actually a soil from a friend I know who's family owns a garden center. Its supposed to be a very rich soil from what I've been told. As far as fertilization the only thing that has been used is superthrive. It gets watered whenever the top layer of soil seems a little dry. Other than that the lighting schedule is as follows and has been like that since it was just a seed. i turn the light on when I get up in the morning which is usually around 10 am and it gets turned off around 1 to 2 am. It also does have a small fan blowing on it at the moment. When the hps light and ballast arrives should I still continue to use the sylvania 65 watt bulb also? Now that you guys have a little bit better understanding of how it has been up to now maybe you guys can give me some more pointers.

16. I think you need to leave the light on more longer, especially if its only 65 watts.

~ Passion ~

17. I just got the ballast and the bulb in today but I'm comfused because I seem to be still missing something to make it all go together. Sorry I'm really new at all this stuff but there is no place to screw the bulb into the ballast and I'm unsure what I need to be able to plug the ballast in to get any power. I'm going to give you guys a picture of what I have and then can someone tell me what I need to make it all go together. thanks

Attached Files:

18. Looks like you're missing a wall plug and also the big the light screws into..er...forgotten it's name now.

I'm sure someone else can tell you better anyhow :D

19. I just want to get this up and running. Also would it be bad if I used a 200 watt flouresant light along with the hps or will that be overkill for the plant?

20. the fluros will be good with the hps especially in your case!!! i never seen a 3 months old plant with only 9 leaves! lots of 2 weeks old but none 3 month...

and im thinking mabe you need to start from the beginning!!
    since your plant is flowering but is not really physically ready...im not experiment enough to tell you how to get it back on track

it does need more time of light at least 18h and 6 of rest

some ppl even put it 24h on light at veg stage
    so the more ligth will be the best for your plant since it kinda miss some

im jsut not sure if your stem will carry the weight of the buds...

start by repotting your plant but covering the stem till the first set of leaves of you can!! that would help a lot!!

for your hps!! you need the plug and the socket. you can find those at your local hardware store. Bring your ballast and hps with you. youll be sure to get the right stuff and they ll even tell you how to fix it!! just dont worry its really really simple will take you MAXIMUM 10 min to fix!!