First Time Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by jkiso19, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Hello all!! this seems like a very interactive forum so I have decided to document my first grow here.... I need input :) okay im living in md I plan to begin around March 20th accually germinating my babies... I plan to make 3 or 4 grow sites containing about 5 plants a piece... keeping in mind i know its my first grow but I know I am going to fuck up a few of them, males, and if 1 or 2 gets found then I still got something! :) I have a wonderful digital camera and I am going to document weekly.

Some of the questions I have(keeping in mind I have read quite a few guides but still isnt clear to me):

1. Approx how long after germination should I keep them inside until they are ready to go outside?

2. Approx how long should it take until the plant is sexed?( Im the only man those girls will see !)

3. Exactly what is cloning? what does it do for the plant?

4. How often do you guerilla growers visit your sites?

5. Assuming that the grow well goes approx what day, i hear it supposed to be around 90, will the plant be ready?

More Questions and a Grow pics coming up!!!

2. Does anyone have any idea if I have large pictures about 900k each where I can post them ? and link to here or what not?

3. "1. Approx how long after germination should I keep them inside until they are ready to go outside?"

1-2 weeks is the norm. 3 weeks and there a bit too big if your moving more then 2-4 plants per person. After week 2 there out of seedling mode and in full veg mode growing rapidly. My advice is to use my solo cup idea and veg for about 1-2 weeks or however long you can veg while still being able to tape a solo cup on top for transportation.

"2. Approx how long should it take until the plant is sexed?( Im the only man those girls will see !)"

About a month, a month and a half of veg and they should show pre flowers. Some will show sex at diffrent times just because of the environment, not because its male/ female.

3. Exactly what is cloning? what does it do for the plant?

You dont need to clone on your first grow and it usualy isnt used for most outdoor grows. Cloning is taking a young small 3-5" branch of a plant, cutting the bottom at an angle and puting it in soil or rockwool to make it grow roots and basicly be a new plant with the same genetics as the parent plant. The purpose is to clone female plants so you know all your plants are female, its mainly done for indoor grows. Some say that seed plants show more vigor outdoors.

4. How often do you guerilla growers visit your sites?

Anywhere from once a week to once a month or more, it depends on the soil and weather. I put my plants in buckets so i needed to go once a week, but ill never do that again. In the ground you will only need to water if it dosent rain or its a hot spell. You should feed your plants some organic tea or ferts once a moth or so. Esspecialy around flower with some bat guano with high P (middle number) low N (first number). Around early-late flower time you might have to visit more often to itentify the males and harvest. Harvest time you will have to check in weekly for 2-3 weeks till the trichs look ready. also depneing on genetics and location, you'll have to find and pull any moldy colas because it just spreads.

5. Assuming that the grow well goes approx what day, i hear it supposed to be around 90, will the plant be ready?

The plants will be ready in fall, anywhere from september to november. What seeds are you going to use? Most bagseed sativas finish mid-late october, unless if you have a thi or some other 100% sativa.

Does anyone have any idea if I have large pictures about 900k each where I can post them ? and link to here or what not?

Just size them down on photoshop or paint.

Good luck on your grow!

4. Grower I have read a number of your replies and you really seem like u know what your doing! I appreciate your reply I hope in the future (month or so) when I am taking pics you could add your tid bits in and help it go along! Ive got paint shop pro but I havent been able to figure out how to resize my images yet... I have a few potential spots and I have started digging the ground a bit in two of them.. As far as seeds go I am not quite sure as of yet, I will probably end using bagseed will it honestly make that much of a difference outside? I dont want to spend alot of money on the grow its going to be more of a breaking in type of thing.

My other question would be:

Exactly how do you know when its male or female? I know you look at the node portion... but would you be able to link any pics showing both a male and female ?

5. Bagseed is fine heck im still playing with bagseed! Im sure naughtydread wont mind if you ask him for 10 or so of his seeds (5 hairy ass sativa and 5 indica) so you have diffrent strains of plants including the local seeds you get. PM him if you want them and tell him Gr0 says hook a new bro up.

Your plants will show preflower at about 1-2 months old. You dont need to spend much money, heck you dont even need ferts if the soils good, but it always helps to give them some organic teas/nutes. How do you plan to water?

Heck yea man, Im along for the ride. I was just a newb last year so i love helping others get in on the action.

6. About the money I plan on getting ferts and chemicals simply because I work at a plant store haha... I just work on loading dock i dont know much about the plants, anyways... I wasnt sure on the water issue I guess I plan to watch the weather and see how it looks... here in md we have some wacky weather sometimes really great and sometimes really shitty. I suppose ill just play it by ear... of course i am going to dig a hole and keep a couple milk jugs filled at the site incase. Thanks for the seed tip I gave him a PM we will see how it goes. That would be cool to see different types of plants. What area do you live in just outta curiousity?

7. Dont use chems ferts. You can use some light miracle grow once or twice if they arent geting the micronutes. Bone meal and blood meal would be teh cheapenst and best amendments for there price and bag size (small bag can be used on alot of soil.

Some amendments that would be nice but arent absolutley needed are, a bag of manure, some worm casings, or compost. For micronutes get some greensand, epsom salt, and lime if you can.

Make your plots in late winter-early spring, water then allow it to decompose for about 2 weeks to a month before planting. For water just have jugs or sunshowers http://www.campmor.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=226&prrfnbr=13513 in backpacks hiden in the woods somewhere.

I love the sunshower idea, you can just cut a hole in the bottom of the backpack for the hose! Im going to use it next year. The 15L capacity would be about 4 gal. That would be enough to water 2 big plants or 4-8 smaller plants. But then you can do 2 or more runs or have a friend if needed. And for only 20$ new or cheaper if you get it used off ebay or garage sale, its a steal.

8. pics! okay this is one of the spots I was thinking... keep in mind its winter and alot more shrub will be in at spring

All these pics are around the in general area.. this is just one of the spots I plan on using what ya think?

Attached Files:

• tree.jpg
      tree.jpg
      File size:
      94.9 KB
      Views:
  9. and behind me....

Attached Files:

10. another shot

Attached Files:

11. another

Attached Files:

12. Is there a big break in the canopy from the fallen tree? if you want to use this spot you have to make sure the suns arch will light the plot in fall when the sun is lower. you wnat lots of direct light. I suggest for you to search aound more and find a spot thats way out in the open far from anyhing if you can.

13. Tree grow like this in forest. LOL

14. Most of USA has big trees like that. Where are you from bob?

15. he's reining from the UK. i dont think they have trees over there :) i hear ya on the weather jkiso. i know you remember last year when all it did was rain the whole spring and summer. hopefully, it wont be like that this year. im down in VA so i know...i havent found my outdoor spot this year. however there is a lil gully running through this neighborhood. its kinda hard to access, but its near water. im thinking of trying to get out there one of these days to see what i can do. i still havent got out to see whats around me.

16. alrighty then just letting ya know i have germinated 3 seeds in an attempt to get a female to clone... but i still plan on throwing plots outside... i just cant do that for a while so im gunna play around with them now!

17. heres what i got so far

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      66 KB
      Views:
  18. just poppin

Attached Files:

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size: