First time grow journal! Looking good?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cheeba the Hutt, Jul 9, 2016.

1. #1 Cheeba the Hutt, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    I started this journey after researching and watching videos for years with a lot of interest and drive, but there was always a reason to not to do it... Finally this year I said "Fuck it, This is happening!" And here we are...

I germinated a bunch of really good bag seed I had and bought a few more feminated seeds as well. Then I grew them in a homemade starter box with CFLS until they were big enough to go outside.

Now they are in 5 Gallon buckets with Pro Mix All Purpose soil + Perlite, and hidden away from the world! Its been 2 months now since I planted them and just over a month since they've been outside, let me know how they look and if you have any tips!

Here are a few pics of my children from the beginning to now:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. I think your babies might be getting a little too much water..

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bloody hell, they look great, nice job

• Like Like x 3
  4. I think it was the opposite, they weren't getting enough water... These pictures were taken before I gave them a big watering, I hadn't been there in 4-5 days before these pics!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Looks awesome, very patriotic to have them in Canadian tire buckets too!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Are you letting the buckets dry almost completely out between watering? A few of the pictures show all the plants drooping...which they do most of the time after they're watered or when they're too dry. Overall they look super good though...just watch the watering too much thing. When those babies kick into bud real good and the resin gets good and sticky, you need to be prepared for bugs...actually, I'd probably start treating now if it were me. LOL There are just all kinds of little things out there who can really ruin your day. Seems like the more humid it is, the more likely you're going to get attacked by something...but that might just be me and my circumstances. Don't touch one plant and then go feeling around on another because it's really easy to transfer things by touching your plants without even thinking about it or knowing it. Looks like you've done one heck of a job and I commend you for it. You better have some way to support them as they get heavier with bud because you're going to be dealing with some weight as the buds fill out and mature. We put ours in tomato cages when we start them in flower just so we have something to support limbs and to tie to if we need to. Hope you make it to the end with every one of those. Be sure and let them go their full flowering time and actually mature enough to harvest and you'll be sitting on a nice stash for winter. Congrats! TWW

• Like Like x 2
  7. Haha thanks man! They just happen to be on sale for the best price lol.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah it wasn't until after scoping a bunch of places and finally buying buckets from the dollar store that I saw those buckets at Canadian tire and I was damn it. But I did get my hands on some big food grade buckets from Tim Hortons, keeping with the canadianity and all

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 Cheeba the Hutt, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    I'm not letting the buckets dry out on purpose but there have been some weeks where there's been a 4-5 day break in between site visits, and it's been really humid! So I think the drooping is from under watering? I just gave them a really good watering after these last pics were taken so I'm gonna check back tmw!
    I'm definitely gonna keep a closer eye on them now since they've gotten so big and are drinking a lot more water haha. I didn't even think they'd get that big in 5 gallon buckets... I've been wondering if I should transplant to bigger ones too?

Also thanks for the tips on bugs! That's actually one thing I haven't really thought much about yet, it's been smooth sailing so far. So I'll definitely look into getting something to treat them with before they start flowering and getting that beautiful sticky icky going on!
    Anything you recommend? They are in a very brushy area.

Right now the plant stocks are very thick and strong, so they haven't needed too much support. I've only been using a few large sticks and zip ties for support, but I have some 8ft poles I was planning to use when they start getting really heavy. I'm also looking to get tomato cages too!

Thanks for the tips and compliments! I'm hoping all my babies make it to full adulthood and harvest, it's my first ever grow and I've been pleasantly surprised so far!

10. Update - My babies have started budding! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. Doing a great job I would say.

I would start learning how to train your plants though so you won't have Christmas trees , but other then that keep doing what you're doing and just learn from your own mistakes.

12. Holy shit, the size of that tree

13. #13 Cheeba the Hutt, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    The budding continues! For my first time this is just insane, it's like Christmas every time I visit them. Here are a few pics of the tops from today:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. You could bury you buckets a few inches or a foot into the soil , it would keep them cooler (roots) and ......they would grow more roots out of the bucket into the ground to search for water

• Like Like x 2