First time grow in soil with 250w dual spectrum light, 18/6, can anyone tell me if its female

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ppkw, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Your plant is far to small to sex at this time. When the plant grows to seven or eight nodes you may see pre-flowers appear, until then there is no way to determine the sex. If you do not see the pre-flower, the plant will show the sex a couple of weeks after switching to 12/12.

PW

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ok, thank you,much appreciated, it's 10", any idea when I should change the cycle

3. Veg until you have filled 1/3-1/2 of the available head space in your grow room, then switch to flower for the best results.

PW

• Like Like x 1
  4. We all flip to flower at different times depending on our grow space and equipment. . Some growers hardly veg, some veg for months. I assume you're working with a cfl by the sounds of it, the usable light penetration of Cfls sucks so figure that into when to flip and don't go too big. Also take your space into consideration because your plants will stretch the first few weeks of flower

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yea. I got 5ft too play with so plenty room I hope, thanks very much again PW

6. Yeah, it's a cfl dual spectrum 250w, I got 5ft too play with, so I hope thats enough room, any suggestions on a different light for more penetration, thanks, much appreciated

7. #8 killset, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    It's not just height width and length come into play. Cfls are only good for a few inches, especially in flower. I would rather have multiple smaller cfls vs 1 big so they can be spread around. Led or mh/hps will blow cfls out of the water. A 250watt hid (mh/hps) will destroy 250 watts of cfl and cost exactly the same to run. Hids can be picked up cheap. Cool hoods or tunes are a great choice for hids

I grow in 5' tents. Scrog is my preference to keep them short. You need to figure in the lights container and distance youll need between the lights and container. Find out how much room is left. Then grow until the plants are half of that to allow for stretch.