First time grow, in my closet!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by SherlockBLoWn4, Apr 29, 2013.

1. What's up GC I'm def not new to smoking, but I've never grown a plant in my life! I've been reading posts everywhere & finally decided to take the step & try it. So here's my set up, with my plants that sprouted about 4 days ago. Any help from you guys would be great!

Attached Files:

2. Good start, you are going to want to keep those stems under as much soil as possible, as they will then root out where the soil touches them and make the plants stronger, you should try to get the soil up to the first set of leaves if possible. Also I would be getting them into larger pots soon. You might want to do a little more for air flow, 88 seems pretty hot for them. That amount of light will be good for now, but once they take off, they are going to need more light. Also they will be getting pretty damn big for that case, do you plan to do any type of training to keep them compact? LST? SCROG? If that is the only space you have I would recommend some form of compact plant training, or start over and check out the attitude seek bank for some nice short auto flowering strains. They finish in half the time of a regular photoperiod plant, and generally are easier to grow because they need less nutrients, although they still need nutrients.

Anyway, this is a good start, keep it up!

3. Well I only plan on keeping one, it's kinda a stealth grow, but have two going invade ones a male! They're bag seed, but from some good nugs. I will def be putting some soil around them when I get home today. How many more lights do you think ill need ? The two I have running are 100wCFL's with I think 5000 lumens. Do you think cutting a bigger hole in the front of the tub would increase passive airflow and cool it down? I've been struggling with getting humidity above 35% but from what I read, miss MJ is a hardy plant and can grow in many different environments

4. Okay so I put the extra soil on top of the plants earlier & watered them and I noticed that they've grown a little more. I also got the temp down and the humidity up by opening the lid every so often to let fresh air in

Attached Files: