First time grow... In my closet lol

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by nawrfsideshorty, Jun 27, 2019.

1. This is my first time attempting to grow, I'm fairly new to all of this and my friend was helping me but I lost contact with him and was just creating this topic to see if I could get some help and pointers. This grow is inside my closet and I believe I'm using a 70 watt LED that stays on for about 13 hours a day and stays off for 6 and I leave my led strip on all the time and the fan stays on low. I water it with well water once a day and it's been growing for about 2-3 months I believe. I'd appreciate any help with it. I haven't topped it but I have trimmed some dead leaves IMG_20190626_220926235.jpg IMG_20190626_220932382.jpg IMG_20190626_223516851.jpg IMG_20190626_223444634.jpg IMG_20190626_223503158.jpg IMG_20190626_223512970.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. 2 or 3 months you might wanna start over with better genetics. What are the lights doing the other 5 hrs of the day? Looks overwatered to me . need more light closer it kinda stretchy. But at 2-3 months id say it be better to start over.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Small plants require very little water and avoid watering close to stem water outside of pot let the roots stretch for it till established.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The light bulb stays off for 5 hours. The LED lights stay on all day. I water it just enough to get the soil damp once a day at 11 am

5. And the bulbs kinda hot so I keep it about a foot away

6. Read, read, read, and watch, watch, watch videos on growing. Get a proper setup. (Doesn't have to be expensive either). 2-3 months the plant should not be that small. That's 2-3 week size. Not sure if it's salvageable at this point. There's so many problems just in what you described. I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful, just honest.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gg4 under a 9w bulb about 7 inchs away now 5 was to close. If its to close the plant will react by praying to the sun gods!!! Dont worry about the heat. Run a fan to gently rustle the leaves and heat will be taken care of also. Idk id say genetics or you hit it with a ph watering it didnt like or soil ph is wacky maybe even root bound on a chunck of wood. I kinda scanned this quickly. Dont lose hope!!! You can grow with nothing but use it as a start to lear and build your knowledge and experience. Hands on is the way to go. I would get ph test strips or ph meter or at least a soil ph tester. Viniger can be used as ph down. I use about half tbs of 5% acidity white vinegar. Once you get that and nutes next issue is the bugs. With out a grow tent they will find your soil really fast. Neem oil works great or sand on soil for gnats. Good luck. Hit me up if you want i have sum pointless knowledge. I mean really the sun is insanely bright and the best for flowering. 20190628_011813.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. Once you have the basics or what a plant really wants and a understanding of roots. The top just looks nice and takes in light. Root health and microbials! ewc/chicken manure 20190628_014445.jpg 20190619_101048.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Idk I probably exaggerated on how long it's been growing, I'd say about 2 months. Maybe. Idk it's starting to get bigger leaves and it's getting taller now. IMG_20190628_153246129.jpg IMG_20190628_153249161.jpg

10. So weird bro. Looks like over watered but soil isnt. . i had one get root bound on a chunk of wood in my mix my first grow. Then i lost that bark shit... Dont grow in anything with bark is my advice. Wish i know what was up. Do you have a ph soil probe tester? There like 10 at walmart or homedepot

• Like Like x 1
  11. What you feed your plant and your soil ph could be complety different. They make stuff to bring down soil ph.... But at that point id just replant in something proven to be more stress free.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I don't have a ph tester but I can grab one , and the soil is a mix, it's miracle grow indoor potting mix

13. #13 GroovyGas, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    This just screams underage. Those lights you have are meant for led TV’s. I’ve ordered those strips before and there 10 watts which explains ur stunted growth. You need to buy a real grow light and nutrients. 2-3 months my are 3-4ft tall. I’m assuming you have them set to change colors? Cause every picture has a different color on. Green and yellow won’t have an effect on the plant from what I’ve heard and learned so you need to pick a color and stick with it. Ur freaking the plant out. Also a diary would help know how old ur plant actually is... Trying to write down what ur doing and learn from it cause what ur doing right now is not working.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I've recently bought a light that's higher powered and it just does red blue and green, should I use that instead of the strip or use both? And I'll start a diary, thank you

• Like Like x 1
  15. Update IMG_20190630_165040049.jpg

16. I’d just go for a simple white LED bulb dude. 6500k is perfect for veg. I think ur issue right now is to many weird spectrums

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  17. If your watering once a day, you're drowning it, simply put.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I agree with both of thee above. Plants need to get thirsty first. And you are probably screwed if your useing miracle grow soil. I wolnt even use there perlite because they have time release chemical nutes.... No control over what thay are really getting. Ill see if i got sum info saved from my first grow. Googles awesome thats what led me here. A simple 5000k dayligh buld will do fine. Leds are awesome and do work idgaf.

• Like Like x 1
  19. So your probably using tap water. I would add a 1/3 tbs of white vinegar per gallon of water before you feed should get you about 6.5 guessing that your water is toxic and probably like 7.9 or 8.0 like most city water Screenshot_20181003-025618.jpg Deficiency.jpg chart.jpg

• Like Like x 1