First time grow in cabinet with CFL's

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by raidomso, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Hey GC!

So I have been reading so much on here and other forums that I decided it was time to try and grow my own weed. So I ordered myself some seeds ( 3x Northern lights feminized Northern Lights Feminised Seeds ).

I germed these seeds by the end of april and I left them in vegetative for about 5 weeks. It's in his second week of flower right now.

Cabinet:
    [​IMG]

The lights are 6x 30Watt lamps with 2700k spectrum and 2x 25Watt 6500k spectrum.

Early stage:
    [​IMG]

This was just as I put it in flowering:
    [​IMG]

As you can see the bottom leaves have been decaying, this has not stopped.
    The upper half of the plant however has been thriving and has been beginning to show really nice buds.

First hairs, confirming that it's a female:
    [​IMG]

This is what it looks like right now + some pics of my setup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm growing in a very neutral, regular soil, there's really limited products around here.
    I have fed her with some nutrients, nutrients that were specifically made for green plants it said. So I figured that couldn't hurt too much. N-P-K was 7-3-8.

Thank you for reading, even though there wasn't much text. Please guide me in the right direction if you think there is something that I should change or if I'm doing some things seriously wrong. I once did a grow but she died really fast. This is the closest I've ever come to fresh bud, and I don't wanna mess up ...

2. nice job man. finish her off strong and forget dealers.

3. Seeing as it's not too big of a plant, and she'll probably only yield me around ten grams, there's no way I'm selling any of it :D

4. cool. i wasnt saying to sell it but i got your point....anyway...its a nice plant bro.... :D

5. Oh you meant that I wouldn't have to get my weed from dealers anymore... gotcha :D

6. Little update

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here you go! Feel free to post :)

7. looking very nice !

8. Another update

We're around week three of flowering I think ...
    Main cola is filling up nicely, the rest is doing allright imo
    Tell me what you think!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Looks great, next update can you use a lighter or something beside the colas for size reference.. it's a bit hard to gauge true size of these babies right now. So frosty!!

10. very nice plant and setup bro, u doin great bro keep it up and if u intrested in any good grow books look at ed rosenthals books they seem very good to me and ive bought like 3 of um

11. Will do next time! Sadly they look way bigger on cam than they are in real life to be honest ...

12. looks tasty......keep posting bro

13. Lookin good man. The first run is all about getting to know the plant, your setup and nutrients. Any yield at all is a victory.

On your next run I guarantee you more than double the yield of your first.

I'm also building a cab because I'm needing to expand. Though I wish I would have gone taller instead of wider like you. You can check it out in my sig.

14. So I've done some calculations and it appears to be exactly 2 months since I germinated these seeds, that calls for an update I guess :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for comparison with a penny :)

[​IMG]

It's not that big yet ...
    Any guesses on harvest date? I'm thinking 5-6 more weeks, but I'm a noob.

15. Omg guys, I need your help!

I'm pretty close to harvest, but the plant has suddenly changed his mind and has been decaying ever since.

Can anyone give me any advice on saving this plant??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see it's mainly the tips getting a black color and drying up and the new growth has an unhealthy green color, it's way too light.

I'm thinking that it's underfed?

16. #17 caliweeds420, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
    I am on my second plant and both of them had bad leaves throughout their life at one point or another. I call it the price we pay to earn experience. But from my experience so far I have learned that I usually OVER FED my plant and had to cut back on nutes to fix the problem. If you have time to look at my journal you will see that the first plant(LEMON OG) made it all the way to harvest and what leaves it did have left were chopped, eaten, beaten, burnt, and the buds were great. The plant I am flowering now is in week four and I trimmed alot of bad leaves just a few days ago. The effects it had on the plant were positive because now all the colas were more exposed and started reaching through for the light. Your buds look fine to me. Hope this helps a lil.

17. I agree, maybe cut back on nutes, or do a flush. It also could be a CalMag deficiency or how about your temps?

18. It's fairly hot in there, 28 degrees celcius on average, so part of the dammage is probably due to high temps...
    I really can't get it much lower.
    Guess I'll be doing a flush today.

19. Thats not too bad, my grow has been around 82 degress F or 28 celcius and I've had nothing but a healthy plant. It has to be nute burn or a CalMag deficiency. I would do the flush and maybe cut back on nutes just a little.