First Time Grow in 3x3x6 Grow Tent

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bella.exe, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Just started my first ever grow!

I bought 4 plants from a nearby dispensary. Both of the sativas I bought looked perfect when I first got them but they are beginning to show yellowing tips and a bit of curling around the tips. I'm guessing the dispensary put too many nutrients into it, but I could be wrong.

I only began seeing problems with the plants after 1 day, which was the day that I trasnplanted the plants into a 5 gallon pot with Fox Farm hap

I currently have a 3x3x6 tent. 3 regular fans, 1 intake fan, 1 outtake fan. I have a humidifier and a dehumidifier. My light is a 1200w LED light. I have all plants in 5 gallon pots, I water them every morning with 1 gallon of water and am gonna start putting nutrients in the water every Saturday.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! I'll continue posting progress and pictures of everything.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Well, my first tip would be to take some pics in natural light. There's no way we can properly diagnose your plants with those wild pink LED's blaring down on them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I love blurple. ;)

4. This is the best way I can possibly showcase it. I can get more pictures in its night period around 12-6 tomorrow.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pics are posted above. I also water them every Saturday with 1 teaspoon of grow big and 2 teaspoons of big bloom (Fox Farm) in a 1 gallon container. Every other day they get 1 gallon of purified water. One main problem I have with water is runoff, I have no trays beneath so I'm currently using towels to collect the water and ring them to get water out of the tent.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I can see the very early stages of nute burn on some leaves and on other leaves I see a bit of drawstring (leaf tips that seem to look like they're being pulled to the side), which would indicate calcium deficiency. You said you got them healthy, right? Cuttings, right? I have a few questions though. First, the drawstring that I mentioned above, was it there when you got the plants or did it also happen at the same time as when the leaf tips started to turn yellow? Second, (and this part confuses me a bit) you said that the leaf tips happened after the day you transplanted, right? But in your first post you said "I water them every morning with 1 gallon of water and am gonna start putting nutrients in the water every Saturday". However, in your last post you said that "I also water them every Saturday with 1 teaspoon of grow big and 2 teaspoons of big bloom (Fox Farm) in a 1 gallon container". So which is it, you water with just plain water or you add extra nutrients? If the latter, why did you add extra nutes if the Fox Farm soil already has nutes in it? That may be why you're starting to notice the leaf tips yellowing (nute burn). Don't feed them anymore extra nutes. Let the Fox Farm do its thing first.

"One main problem I have with water is runoff, I have no trays beneath so I'm currently using towels to collect the water and ring them to get water out of the tent."

That's a pretty strange way of collecting the runoff lol. Are you sure you can't find any sort of tray, pan, cookie sheet, etc. to put under those pots? You can add something like clay pebbles onto the trays, then place the pots on top of the clay pebbles. Anything but towels lol.

• Like Like x 1
  7. When i first bought them they had no nute burn or any problems what so ever. I bought them sometime last week and after transplanting them into the Fox Farm soil i started to see problems with a bit of nutrient burn and curling of leaves. I just started putting nutrients in this morning. I water every day with 1 gallon of water but only put nutrients in on Saturdays. I hadn't put any nutrients into the soil when I began seeing the nutrient burn which I'm guessing was caused by the dispensary using nutrients.

I was thinking about buying trays and cutting some tubing into it in order to lead the runoff into a bowl or something of the sort but I believe what I may start doing is bringing them into a bath tub and watering them in there, waiting for runoff to stop and then bring them back into the tent.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I would still suggest not putting anymore extra nutes until much later when you see that the new leaves do not have yellowing tips. Otherwise you'll just make the issue worse. The soil should provide what they need for at least a month+. The only way to tell if the dispensary was at fault is to go back and tell them what happened and ask them what was fed to them before you purchased them. Of course they won't admit any wrongdoing though lol.

"I believe what I may start doing is bringing them into a bath tub and watering them in there, waiting for runoff to stop and then bring them back into the tent."

That'll work, but eventually they'll start to get pretty heavy as they get bigger though lol. Something simple like this runoff tray can be used. These are like about $2 US each.
    tray-1.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. So should I just water the plants to flush them and not use any nutes? I don't know what else it could be unless somehow Fox Farm's soil itself has too many nutes in it.

How do you remove the run off from trays though? Do you suggest using tubing or??

• Like Like x 1
  10. That sounds like a good plan. I'm lucky that my plants are right next to a drain in my garage floor, so it's simple to switch the plants onto the drain when I water, but if I didn't have that I'd be doing the bathtub thing. Those green trays Cannabliss was talking about are awesome, btw. I use em on all my indoor plants because they make cleanup easy and it keeps the tent looking nice. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I'm gonna water them in the bathtub tomorrow, and then I'll go to the store tomorrow. I think I might look to buy a 2x2 tray or something sort of large with holes in it and then keep a saucer under the holes to make it easy to drain. I'm pretty much open to anything at this point.

I have a TON of seeds from a girl I'm dating who works at a dispensary so I'm gonna start the next grow knowing everything that I have in it. Most likely the next grow will have nothing but Afghani since I love indicas

• Like Like x 2
  12. Just water them when they need to be watered as usual without adding extra nutes. The soil in the Fox Farm should provide the nutes they need. I just now noticed that in your first post you mentioned using Happy Frog? That soil is even better because it's less "hot" than the normal Fox Farm soil. So just water from here on as usual.

One of my buddies just uses a small cup to remove the excess runoff to measure its pH and whatnot. You can also place some kind metal "screen" (similar to the ones used in bbq's) over those green trays if you don't want the pot to even touch the bottom of the trays. You can also use a pump similar to the one below to pump it out. Dude, the possibilities of what you can use are endless lol.
    pump.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yeah I noticed that everyone does everything their own way lol.

Is their any way to help cure the nute burned leaves? Can I prune the burned ones to allow it to heal? Does it truly matter that they have a tiny bit of nute burn?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Unfortunately, the affected leaves will not recover, but if you start the fix at least they won't get worse. I would just leave them there. They ain't going to do anymore harm to the plant by being there. The plant doesn't have many leaves as it is, so you need them there for proper photosynthesis.

15. Okay, I'll start the flushing tomorrow morning and continue the flush for a month or so.

Not sure if you'll know how to fix this but I'm also having problems with my light. I have it on 18/6 with an automatic timer and for the first few days it worked perfectly but now for some reason it will randomly turn off. Not sure if its a voltage problem or what it is.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Oil drip trays from a local dollar store. $1.50 each. 20190725_231955_HDR.jpg

A little Afghani#1 for you. Waiting for a little more bush before trigger.
    20190727_153112_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. How many weeks in are your plants? They look gorgeous!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Check the pins of the timer to make sure they are pressed (or raised) all the way at the right times, check to make sure the timer is set to the proper am or pm setting, check the switch to make sure it's set on "Timer On" and not on "Outlet On".

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks man!
    I cloned them around June 28th I think. I got 12 with verified roots on the 8th of this month. Some had two or three roots, some only one.
    Transplanted them into those pots that night and topped them so they each only had exactly five shoots. That night.....
    20190708_183032_HDR.jpg

They took about 5 days to wake up but then just took off lol! I just keep tying them down.

I am still vegging for at least a week or so before I flip to flower.

20. It's a digital timer TNDHD002. It was working fine and still sort of works fine. It turned off at 12, turned on at 6 and when I went to check on the plants at 8 pm the lights were all off. I don't want it to constantly turn off especially when I'm not home and stress the plants out. If it keeps turning off I may have to switch it to 24 hours of light. Not sure whats wrong with it in all honesty

• Like Like x 1