First time grow .. I have a question about lighting.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Excalibur0428, Feb 11, 2008.

1. This is my first time grow and im planning on growing one "bagseed" plant. I have two seeds that just sproated in peat moss pots under a 45w CFL (about to set-up a 2nd 45w CLF)

I wasn't exactly sure on what soil to get so I asked one of the garden guys at lowe's what he reccomends for growing tomatoes since I read that marijuana has simiar grow characteristics of tomatoes. He gave me a bag of " Quick 'n Easy" Seed starter mix and a small bow of Miracle-Gro Tomatoe Plant food that mixes in w/ the water I guess.

After reading some more i've began to think that I may need new soil. I'm just having trouble finding it for some reason.

My main question is about the lighting. Lets say the plants are flowering and the lights are at 12/12 and I have an emergency where I have to leave for a few days. Is their something that I can buy that automatically turns on and off the lights at a set time?

2. Yes, it's called a timer. :rolleyes:

Buy one for a few bucks at any Home Depot, Lowe's, Wally World, etc. Make sure it is rated to handle more wattage than you plan to run through it. Use it not just when you have an emergency but all the time to control your lights.

3. wow, that is a great read. Went through it for a few hours last night and I learned a lot from that. Thanks a lot.