First time grow, I cant have any smell

Discussion in 'Security' started by MattmPsi, Jan 13, 2019.

1. #1 MattmPsi, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    So, I do live at home still but my father would be fine with me growing as long as it didnt reek, he runs his business from the house (not a weed business) so it cant stink.

Is there any type of specific grow kit I could buy that would completely eliminate odor? Or maybe a strain I could grow that doesnt stink? Or maybe a combination of both of those? Even if I had to just limit myself to one teeny plant in a tiny glass box I'd even do that if it was all I could manage without it smelling. Any ideas welcome

Thanks in advance

2. There are strains that have less odor but there is no real way to grow without smell, you vent filtered air out that doesn't smell.your grow room will always smell IMO

3. If you controlled a sealed environment like a tent, you could look into both a scrubber and carbon filter, would drastically reduce smells outside the tent

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. Grow tents with a carbon filter and intake fan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. #5 Sirtootsalot, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    These guys are right, but even with a fan and filter you're going to have some kind of smell. There are things you can do to try to mask it like onagel, and If you have it far enough away from your fathers office, you might be ok.

6. So where are all these things I'd need to buy? Is there maybe an all in one kit where I could just buy all this in one purchase and maybe even has detailed instructions on how to set it up? Lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I just started my first grow, bought a full kit. it’s actually very easy to set up, and you’ll also get a little thing on how to setup.

Can easily google grow tent kit or specific light kits and you should have no issue, also on amazon you can look at the kits, alot of times theres a specific company that has their items on there that you could look at their website as well.

What size are you looking for? I went with a 4x4.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. I heard the black ops carbon filter is really good. Haven't tried it yet but that's the one in getting we live in an apartment so we can't have smell either

9. This is all he needs.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wrong hobby, I'm afraid.
    ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Totally disagree just because of smell being an issue shouldn't shut someone out of doing something they love and or possibly need.. That would be like saying since I cant afford good nutes I picked the wrong hobby.. technically in I wanna say about every grower has at least one hoop they have to jump through.. I'm just saying u shouldn't discourage and push someone away from the experience and or hobby/passion.. Aren't we here to be a comminity, friends growers teachers students mentors etc etc I was just shocked to see here or all places someone would leave a short but direct comment basically guiding them away from success and or making them feel discouraged idk seems to me that it was just another amount of posts Hunter(s) at least comment useful and or mood/spirit/courage/skills lifting rather then come to a post someone asking for help just to tell them they should just give up on what they want to do or love to do etc etc sorry for the book it just really got under my skin due to I remember A'Holes being negative and or saying pointless shit to hurt or insult or just to tell u to give up or quit I was so mind blown then but even more so now that it's an on going thing as well as post hunters/pointless kr off topic .. These hoops we growers have to jump thru help us learn and grow ourselves as growers KKEEP UP THE WORK ILL FOLLOW UR THREAD CANT WAIT TO SEE ENDING PROJECT u can see pics of my flowering room on my grow journal just started to show u how my carbon filter looks and is setup Getting my Clones Tomorrow!!

Sent from my 5041C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. You realise that homie was just making a joke as weed tends to smell when you grow it.... lmfao chill tf out holy shit sounds like your smokin on some shitty weed or something all angry over nothing lol relax ;)

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

13. #13 tooslow, Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    @Sneex
    @TheeJayLopez

Whew.......
    I hope you got a good night’s sleep, Speedy.
    Did ya see the ‘wink’ emoticon?
    Did you look up my record of trying to help beginners?
    Did you read that he is growing reefer in his father’s workplace?
    Reefer stinks and his Father doesn’t want it.
    “Listen to your Father.”

I contend that he should take up another hobby until he has his own, proper, space.

• Like Like x 1